Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Another window fix.

Another window fix.

My driver side window had the exact issues described by Moncha and various other members. The window seemed to have a slight forward tilt, and upon closing, would get stuck tilting backwards. I looked at Moncha's fix and followed his advice, but it wasn't enough in my case. The window rail (the center lift where the cable is) appered to have a little play allowing for a slight tilt when going up and down.

My fix was quick and easy, I removed the window and braced it up. I took a drill and bit and started drilling/cutting upwards on the bracket hole on the right side. Be careful not to drill through the door :-)

Upon re-installing the window I made sure that the bracket would now fit as high up in the extended hole as possible, tilting window tight to the left. Tighten down and voila. It goes as smooth as it should be and I can't wait 'till the passenger side starts screwing up.
    Pics available upon request.
    From Unimog to VX - a serious change in velocity - a small sacrifice in voracity.

VX Adopted Out. 2005 BMW 325CI & 2006 4Runner.

pics for me...

Count me in for some pics... Thanks: snosecret@yahoo.com

-biju.

I am suffering the same window problem. Would you please send your pics to me at metabaron01@yahoo.com. Thanks.

Thumbs up

If you'd like (and don't mind) I'd be more than happy to add the pics and procedure to the tech section on my website so that we may all benefit from your ingenuity.
    Over 20 years of Isuzu enjoyment...

i would love some pics as well! lukeeditor@hotmail.com

thanks

Luke

pics please
    dkmiller68@comcast.net
    thanks
    Western North Carolina...
    Veni, Vidi, Velcro
    (I came, I saw, I stuck around)

Yes, I would like to see the pics also. If you don't have a site to host them, e-mail them to me (and/or Joe_Black) and we'll post links to them so everyone can see.

kpaske@hotmail.com

Thumbs up

Got the pics and the fix from this post and it's now up for all to see. Give a big "THANK YOU!" to cascabel3 for sharing this info!

Window Fix

Count me in on those pics....would be great not to have to grab the window every time I want to close it.....especially at 65 mph John

That's the fix that I did a few months back. I have to roll down the driver's window twice per day, and the window is still as smooth as silk.

-Tad

Window fix

Thanks for posting the pics Joe. Just went on to your site, really nice work on then tranny fluid change. Nice site. Look forward to seeing more there withn your future projects.

I have a 1999 ironman 4 two yrs now. and have had no problems with the windows. But I do wax (car wax) both inside and outside of the glass and tint ,and put silcone on the rubber at the bottom , and the windows just fly down or up...as long as its not out...

Quote Originally Posted by PurPa Trader
    ...But I do wax (car wax) both inside and outside of the glass and tint...
    Seriously? You wax your windows???
    Calmini Cone Air Filter, PowerVault PV2 Muffler, OME Trooper Springs, Rancho RS9000X Shocks, 285/75R16 Nitto Grappler AT's, Pioneer DEH P8000R In-Dash CD, Amps and Drivers Built by Orion, Wires and Fuse Blocks by KnuKonceptz, Vibration Damping by BQuiet, Alarm System featuring Auto Start and Remote Windows, Yakima LoadWarrior w/Full Size Spare, Debadged/Custom Titanium Grill Logo, Tint (5% Rear / 20% Front), Steel Braided Brake Lines, G2 Painted Calipers

I did this fix and it didn't have any effect. Not saying it's no good, just didn't work in my case. I can offset the bracket all I want to and the bracket will still pop away from the metal track. The bracket sort of rides a metal track and for me there seems to be way too much play in the bracket - perhaps too much slack in the wire it is raised and lowered by, allowing it to come away from the track? In my driver's side door, the left side of the bracket comes completely away from the metal track when the window gets about halfway up. The design is poor because one of the guides on the bracket is designed to grip the track, but they didn't make all of them that way. Go figure. Now I have to get back in there because since I tinkered with it I now have a door rattle. Anyone got any more ideas?

Can't get to mine till the weather warms up,my passenger side window is falling forward a little, preventing a good seal.