Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: What to do before 1200 miles?

99 Matte Midnight Sand Met... oh nevermind. VX #0377...Project ZU
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeperkate View Post

I go to Moab with my Jeep group in May (the week before the VXers go I think), so when I get back my concentration will be the VX.
    Nice pin stripe

Take a 2 week Moab trip and meet the VX crew. You don't need the VX, we'll put up with your Jeep

Thanks V! I'm excited to get her all fixed up and looking pretty! Jeeps are pretty too, but this VX takes the cake in Duluth if you ask me My Jeep is going to be jealous!

I do think eventually I will put a roof rack on the VX, but I'm not sure if that is going to be at the top of my priority list. I already own a YAKIMA rack for my Honda CR-V so likely that rack will fit the VX with a little modification. It would be REALLY nice if I can figure out a way to create feet on the VX that would match the feet on the CR-V so that I can go from one to the other seamlessly. I have a fabricator friend that is going to work with me on all the VX parts! Should be good! Thanks again.
    '03 Honda CR-V (DD) - '05 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon - '01 Ebony VX!

A smile is like tight underwear, it makes your cheeks go up!

Quote Originally Posted by VXorado View Post
    Nice pin stripe

Take a 2 week Moab trip and meet the VX crew. You don't need the VX, we'll put up with your Jeep
    You like that pin stripe? I think I am taking it off Not because of you ...because I'm not sure I like it. I was planning to take it off this summer, maybe it will grow on me before then! OR, maybe I will change it to a PINK stripe

HAHA - I would love to spend two weeks out there, but it was terribly hard to get one week off of work let alone two. Maybe next year my jeep group can go the same week the VXers go and we can all have a grand old time That would be fun!

Personally, I think the roof rack really finishes off the VX very nicely.

...unlike that pinstripe that I bit my tongue to not mention earlier. I'm with you, kiddo. Ditch it.

And why is it that everyone here but me seems to have a fabricator friend? So jealous.
    -V
    -VI VX VNIVERSVM VIVVS VICI-

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by VXorado View Post
    My thoughts EXACTLY...

But maybe extend your Jeep vaca by just a few days instead of a whole week...just in case you don't like us......as IF......

SHE'S A BEAUTY...

And Black Betty is perfect...

As a MN saltmonger, I'm sure you gave her nether regions a good hosing too...ND doesn't use much salt, but I have to drive a few miles into MN every day...I H-8 roadsalt...

Glad the rest of your journey was uneventful & that you're coming to grips with the unfortunate choices made by another.

Seriously consider extending your stay in Moab...

'01, Proton Yellow, 1028. '01, Gunmetal Metallic, 1033.
    Welcome home Kate and Betty! Sorry to hear of your unfortunate brush with death, stuff like that certainly puts things in perspective, doesn't it? I'm sure time will help to wash out the memory of your close encounter. Nice to see you wasted NO time in washing off the "White Curse", that stuff wreaks havoc with our formerly rust-free rides...Sweet looking VX!!
    Vixer Fixer

99 Matte Midnight Sand Met... oh nevermind. VX #0377...Project ZU
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeperkate View Post
    You like that pin stripe? I think I am taking it off Not because of you ...because I'm not sure I like it. I was planning to take it off this summer, maybe it will grow on me before then! OR, maybe I will change it to a PINK stripe
    I've just never seen a pin striped VX before and it doesn't look bad but I'm not sure if I like it either.

I support your decision to remove it

Glad to see you home safely. You've certainly been through a life changing event, hope it gets easier with time and reflection.

I also think the OEM roof rack (cross bars) flatters and completes the look on a VX because of their oval shape.
    I think you and V are right....loose the pinstripe....never liked them on a VX...the lines just don't work for me. But if you do....def make it PINK!
    I saw your jeep pics! ......Awesome!
    And MDwyer was giving ME grief about MY pink stuff...(http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...threadid=21872).....I only have one pink pirate kitty sticker...that's the only pink thing in/on my entire VX!.......but, er, um, um.... he didn't say P-U-R-P-L-E.........

VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Thanks everyone! The pin stripe may be removed on Tuesday by the same guy that is doing my tint, so that's a non-issue these as of right now! It has been decided

Kat - yeah, pink is kind of my thing. Here is a more recent picture of my jeep - new bumper (my fabricator friend made it for me) and a pink logo on the front. The boys in my Jeep club had pink logo stickers made just for me They support my PINK addiction because they remember before I had pink on the Jeep - I used to get asked all the time if it was my "boyfriend's Jeep." I always said "hell no, he couldn't handle this one." So, I put the pink on there and rarely do I get questions anymore Now I just get the guys drooling over it and saying "that's yours?!?!" haha - funny!

I expect to do the same to the VX - PINK ALL AROUND!! just kidding (although Betty will probably sport the NSW logo in PINK as well)

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    I've gotta 2nd/3rd..whatever, those that suggest you 'stretch' your jeep week in Moab a couple of days....if at all possible!

You'll see more and varied VX's in one place than you'll ever see....
    ...get some great ideas for modifying yours.

Plus, you'll meet a great group of crazies...
    ... and put some faces to names!

Just'do it

Jo
    VX.info...PLEASE SUPPORT THIS SITE WITH YOUR VOLUNTARY $20 DONATION...
    Absolutely the best $20 you'll spend per year on your VX.

~ ~ > OFF ROAD WHORE <~ ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Well, I tried to take some extra time off for an extended stay in Moab and it was a big NO from the boss Maybe next year!

Good news last night, I ripped around in 4-lo and NO PROBLEMS. A little clunk into 4-lo (just like the Jeep) and then off to the crawling she went I have NO idea what the Check Engine light was about on my trip home, but I keep trying to make it come on again and can't do it...that's a good thing I guess

The VX goes in for tint and pin stripe removal today! The guy couldn't get me in yesterday, so today is the day. If I get her back during day-light I will snap a few pics and get them on here.

Yesterday, I ordered the window bracket/clip fix (thanks Sue), Showroom New (not sure if I am going to go dark charcoal or full black just yet), and a Mother's headlight restoration kit. I know my gaskets around my lights need to be reattached so I am probably going to take the lights off and take care of them in the house while it is COLD outside

YAY! I took my Jeep friend/fabricator friend for a ride in the VX last night and he LOVED it!! He was very impressed, asking questions the whole time and saying "this is awesome!" <- I love this manner!

I got what I asked for...

Before I left for work I posted ^^^

I have about a 7 minute drive to work in the morning - 4 minutes on the freeway. So, this morning I pull off the freeway and I have three stop signs to go through... I get to the third stop sign and the VX dies. Immediately after dying, first the battery light pops on, then the oil light pops on, and then the Check Engine light pops on. I pull off to the side and put it in park and it immediately starts up again without a fight. (this is the exact same thing that happened on my trip) NO check engine light. I get to work and notice that the idle is a bit high.

During the trip home from GA my idle was funky a couple of times, once reving to 2500 rpm in neutral, another time reving between 700 - 1200 rmp in Park.

Do you think that I have a TPS problem, or is it something else? Is there a way the battery cables could be shorting out? I feel like maybe I am grounding out. Or, I noticed that the padding on the inside of the hood is chewed up and hanging a bit over the battery - could that be the problem??

Thanks!

Hi Kate,

I had the exact same problem - high idle, racing RPM, stalling, etc. etc. just like you describe, and this lasted for a while as the troubleshooting continued.

In the end, all it took was giving a real good cleaning to the part I've circled in this pic. It's some valve that regulates air mixture or some such voodoo about which I know shamefully little. Some gunk builds up in there and the plunger gets caught up. Take that sucker apart, give it an carburetor-cleaner enema, and hopefully you'll be good to go!

Let us know!
    -V

Quote Originally Posted by Vendetta View Post
    Hi Kate,

I had the exact same problem - high idle, racing RPM, stalling, etc. etc. just like you describe, and this lasted for a while as the troubleshooting continued.

In the end, all it took was giving a real good cleaning to the part I've circled in this pic. It's some valve that regulates air mixture or some such voodoo about which I know shamefully little. Some gunk builds up in there and the plunger gets caught up. Take that sucker apart, give it an carburetor-cleaner enema, and hopefully you'll be good to go!

Let us know!
    -V
    Anyone know what that part is and if its inexpensive to just replace?

What are the steps to remove it? (other than the obvious)

Quote Originally Posted by JAMAS View Post
    Anyone know what that part is and if its inexpensive to just replace?

What are the steps to remove it? (other than the obvious)

The exact questions I was going to ask!