PDA

View Full Version : Back in the hunt for a VX!

Vfrider1
11/26/2006, 07:36 AM
Hello again list!

I'm officially back in the hunt for a VX to replace my 01 Ironman. Any color will do....I'm just trying to find that balance between condition and price. If anyone knows of a VX in the midwest that may not be listed on the usual websites for sale please let me know! I looked at the only VX for sale here in the Denver area and first impressions were not good. I know there is a problem with the rims on the 2000 and 2001 VX's. The outside of the rims looked good but the insides were peeling very badly. I was able to remove a section of bad chrome that was 6" by 8" !, Hood insert was cracked and the radio was hanging by the harness in the dash. I think someone reinstalled the original and lost the mounting screws. Also the tires were bald and it clearly needed a front end alignment. All this for the premium price of $15,300 dollars! I had a long talk with the manager of this Ford dealer and said if he wanted to sell it to me for $10,000 give me a call, otherwise I suggested he at least do a front end alignment and put some new tires on it... :rolleyes: I have not ruled this one out, but I would have to drop a load on it to get it back to a respectable condition. Again any help in my hunt would be apprieciated... :p

John

goffaramma
11/27/2006, 11:32 AM
It's always fun looking for a VX. I had to go to Ohio to get mine about 8 months ago (I'm in South Carolina), and I found it on Autotrader. Hopefully you'll find a better one out your way than the one you described. I would guess you can get a much better one for $10,000 than that one.

Good Luck! :)

Anita
11/27/2006, 11:44 AM
IMO...I would pass on that VX. If it had that many problems that you could see, not to mention that the owner let happen, how many unseen problems could it have?

PHO2GR4
11/27/2006, 11:56 AM
Carfax is your friend!

I just signed up for the 30-day plan, and WOW there's a wealth of information out there.

I almost bought a VX out in Cape Girardeau, MO...until I saw that it had been in a front-end accident serious enough for an "airbag deployment" to be registered.

Most other VXs I've checked out have been clean, though.

But I really encourage you to invest the $25 at Carfax.com...or at least email ME the VIN so I can check out a potential VX for you.

Vfrider1
11/27/2006, 01:52 PM
Thanks for the responses, Anita, I was thinking the same thing as I was walking around the Car, I'm an aircraft mechanic so I like to think I have a keen eye for seeing problems. As far as CarFax I would not buy a car without checking with them first. I actually might have a lead on a VX locally, we'll see how that pans out...

Thanks again all, keep the info coming!

John

zilik
11/27/2006, 02:24 PM
For the right price I would let my 2000 ebony go. It has 47XXX miles on it. It has the stock roof rack and yakima cargo basket. The cargo basket is off right now as it gets 2 mpg better without it hanging in the breeze.