PDA

View Full Version : Where's my VX?!?

PHO2GR4
11/18/2006, 04:24 PM
(Sorry, I posted this in the "For Sale" forum when it probably should have gone in here...)

Hi All!

Long time reader...old-time VX owner...soon to be back in the fold. I used to own a 1999 Ironman VX, back in the day. I loved that car.

Sadly, I got married.

The VX just wasn't working out for us, since the woman I married had a 3-year-old daughter. We thought something bigger, with four doors, might be more "practical".

I hate that word. Practical. If i was a "practical" guy, I wouldn't have been driving a VX in the first place. (For that matter, I probably wouldn't have gotten married either, but that's a long story.)

So, yeah. I sold the VX and got myself into a 2005 Infiniti FX35 with the Sport Package. Nice car...quick, quiet, all the amenities, leather, heated seats, cup holders, about a million speakers, etc. A perfect family CUV (Costco Utility Vehicle).

It bored me to tears. No, really, it's a great car, technically. Just kinda dull after the VX.

Now the marriage is, shall we say, not going so great. Might be doomed. Hard to say. Okay, probably doomed. And I MISS MY VX!

So here's the plan: put the FX35 on Autotrader for awhile and try to get it sold. Shop around for a good-condition VX...preferably Ebony, so I can stealth it all out. Get some nice new wheels and tires, Dynamat it and get the stereo up to speed, throw the dog in it and go flyfishing.

Who's with me? For that matter, who knows of a decently low-mileage Ebony VX on the market?

For all you VXers I met at the Seattle gathering a few years back, I hope you'll welcome me back into the VX fold...

Bimati
11/18/2006, 05:10 PM
Shout out to the peeps who emptied their garage for marriage, emtied their bank accounts during the marriage and are now restocking the garage realizing that the grass wasn't greener.

I feel ya, bro. Welcome back.

Bim :p

WILLY
11/18/2006, 08:23 PM
WITHOUT A DOUBT,IM GLAD I HAVE NEVER LET A WOMEN COME BETWEEN MY MANHOOD AND TOYS,NEVER LET UR NADS FALL INTO A WOMENS PURSE. :p

biju
11/18/2006, 09:43 PM
indeed.

-biju.

Anita
11/19/2006, 12:20 AM
indeed.

-biju.

Easy now boys..

There are a lot of good women out there that support their men and their passion for the big toys. I've talked to a lot of VX members here whose wives/girlfriends are supportive and enthusiatic about their VX addiction.

Not all of us.. but many of us are! :)

Welcome back PHO2GR4. Hope you find your VX very soon.

Tobert
11/19/2006, 05:34 PM
My wife hates mine and refuses to drive it. But she's willing to put up with it after all the bitching I did while driving a POS for 3 years after convincing me to sell my '85 Supra. Damn I miss that car ...

She claims she'll soften on it when I get a rear camera for it. We'll see.

Even I occasionally long for something more practical, like a pickup. But then again, I can't drive a pickup anywhere near as aggressively as I do the VX ;) Maybe that's actually what she doesn't like, now that I think about it.

biju
11/19/2006, 05:50 PM
Easy now boys..

There are a lot of good women out there that support their men and their passion for the big toys. I've talked to a lot of VX members here whose wives/girlfriends are supportive and enthusiatic about their VX addiction.

Help a VX'er out - send em my way! This thread just touched a nerve. Lost a promising relationship a just over a year ago (arguably) because of this hobby. I need to ready a standard disclaimer form prior to my next... :eek:

-beeej.

PHO2GR4
11/19/2006, 05:51 PM
How do you like your 1999 Ebony VX? Does the black paint show much swirling? Black cars look the best, but some manufacturers...Nissan, for one...use REALLY bad paints, which always looks swirled and scratched.

Still, I'll bet Darth vader drives a black VX whenever he needs to get across the deserts of Tatooine.

JAFO
11/19/2006, 07:15 PM
I have a 2000 Ebony for sale. Near Portland, Oregon.

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=9742

PHO2GR4
11/20/2006, 02:48 PM
Easy now boys..

Welcome back PHO2GR4. Hope you find your VX very soon.

Hi Anita!

My original post was NOT meant to disparage women. This was MY bad choice, and mine alone. I'm just trying to correct a few errors. And getting back into a VX will be a step in the right direction!

Anita
11/20/2006, 05:06 PM
:) :) :bwgr: :) :)
Oh, I didnt take it that way at all! I absolutely understood what you meant. Mea culpa

Just adding that in this big world there are some gooduns'. ;) :jump:

Bimati
11/20/2006, 07:16 PM
Anita...I think you are proof of that! :yesp:

(No cyber flirting intended. Just stating the facts.)

Bim

PHO2GR4
11/21/2006, 11:45 AM
I often wonder where my FIRST VX ended up...a debadged '99 Ironman, in (sob) mint condition when I traded it in.

Does it miss me? Is it angry with me for being disloyal? Does the new owner baby it? Is it still healthy?

etlsport
11/21/2006, 12:54 PM
if you do an advanced user search for the last 4 digits of your VIN # someone on here may have it, i found the original owner of mine on here that way (didnt help because he/she never posted.. but maybe your luck will be better

to do this, on the main page, scoll maybe halfway down the page, on the left side of the screen you will see a drop down menu with a text box under it and two options under that, in the drop down menu select users (you have to scroll down in the drop down to find it) leave the text box blank then select 'advanced' and hit 'go', then type the last 4 digits of the vin of your ironman into the text box for 'year,color,model,vin' and see what comes up! good luck

PHO2GR4
11/21/2006, 02:50 PM
Dang! That was a great idea, but I didn't have any luck...

It would have been cool if the VX went to a fellow afficionado!

PHO2GR4
11/21/2006, 03:17 PM
Huh! Wow! I must have been doing something wrong. I tried the search again and DID come up with a hit. And the user is in my local area! Small world.

He (or she) isn't active, though...no posts, and last "activity" was 8/05...but I sent a short 'hello' to the last known email address. Maybe I'll get a reply!