11/16/2006, 02:17 PM
do we ahve any hardcore ps3 fans?

Cyrk
11/16/2006, 02:18 PM
Must get one... Wifey will kill me...

Knigh7s
11/16/2006, 02:20 PM
me! me!

even tho it will be damn near impossible to get one 'cuz i missed the pre order by an hour!!

nfpgasmask
11/16/2006, 02:35 PM
I want one, but the price is A B S U R D ! ! !

What's even more rediculous:

CRAZY MFs ON EBAY (http://cgi.ebay.com/Sony-Playstation-3-Console-60-GB-Premium-System-Presell_W0QQitemZ140052008159QQihZ004QQcategoryZ62 054QQtcZphotoQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

I just don't get it.

Bart

MZ-N10
11/16/2006, 02:41 PM
its acutally not tat bad i think teh majority of ebay ps3 r 800-900 dollars wiht like a few hours left.

rite now i have 2 friends in line at the sf metreon(i would go if i didnt have a stupid project to turn in), and i have another tat has been camping at bestbuy for almost a week now.

nfpgasmask
11/16/2006, 03:24 PM
I'm sorry but a console system should never cost more than $300-$350. Maybe $400 but that is seriously pushing it.

I have been a PlayStation fan since PS 1, but I may be converting this year to the new Nintendo system. I don't care how advanced PS3 is, that price is absurd. I'd rather buy a new computer, or better yet, another mod for my VX!

My problem is that IMHO only about 2% of all console games are even worth playing, and only about 1% worth buying. I think you can get your money's worth much more with PC games. I mean how many times can you play and beat Final Fantasy or Grand Theft Auto?

For me, only racing and fighting games are really worth buying for console systems, because at least you can play against your friends, and there is no real "end" to the game.

Bart

its acutally not tat bad i think teh majority of ebay ps3 r 800-900 dollars wiht like a few hours left.

rite now i have 2 friends in line at the sf metreon(i would go if i didnt have a stupid project to turn in), and i have another tat has been camping at bestbuy for almost a week now.

Y33TREKker
11/16/2006, 03:56 PM
The bidding on some units on eBay is now surpassing $2k. Need I say insane.

The games are cool, but come onnnnnnn!

JAFO
11/16/2006, 04:55 PM
And to go with it the Panasonic 103" HD plasma. Worlds largest.

http://www.engadget.com/2006/01/09/panasonics-103-incher-up-close-and-personal/

Only $70K

rowhard
11/16/2006, 06:35 PM
I just looked at the bidding on ebay, I won't say here what I really think, Scott would bar me for life and rightly so.

So what is the S.R.P. for this thing.

etlsport
11/16/2006, 06:58 PM
srp? suggested retail? i think for the upgraded (60gb system) the retail on it is 600

MZ-N10
11/16/2006, 07:06 PM
if u look at it there are 2000 dollar systems tat end in 5 minutes.....and there are 14000 dollar system tat end in about the same amount of time, looks kinda fishy to me....

i dont get why ppl will pay 1600 for it. there no really good games even for it yet and ppl r going crazy for it.

SkidPlate
11/16/2006, 07:28 PM
I want one. Figured I had a good plan of using my business membership at sam's club to get one at 7am before the regular members were allowed in. Then I found out they are only getting two (2) PS3's. And there are four (4) kids that have been lined up since yesterday.

Which seems to be a common trend, staying in line when there aren't enough. A local wal-mart is getting 10, there are about 20 people lined up... go figure.

Anyway, I'm just going to wait for the eBay scalper bubble to burst, which shouldn't take long, given the estimate that 70% are going to online auctions after tonight.

Or I'll see if I can get one from this list at midnight: http://www.buy-ps3-online.com/

Otherwise, I'm in for the March 2007 PS3 launch, who is with me.

nfpgasmask
11/16/2006, 08:59 PM
This photo is from tonight...in front of Circuit City. Yes folks, they are camping out for first dibs on PS3 systems.

http://www.nofuture.com/dailys/camp4ps3.jpg

Bart

nfpgasmask
11/16/2006, 09:02 PM
...its always best to wait at least 6 months for the manufaturer to work out any bugs and release better revisions of the hardware. My little brother bought his XBox360 like the second it came out and his had issues right away.

I have also heard the PS3 is already said to be having over-heating issues.

Bart

etlsport
11/16/2006, 09:42 PM
yea sony already released a patch for a software glitch that doesnt allow it to play certain games! and its only been out for 39 minutes

Knigh7s
11/17/2006, 12:27 AM
wow, they cut launch units by 50%. no wonder walmart only had <10 units per store here in vegas.

I'd rather wait for the 2nd or 3rd model release b4 i pick one up. as i do with all systems. i'd hate to spend that amount just to have hardware issues to battle.

[insert] just got a call from a friend in Georgia! he was able to get the 60gig PS3! now he just rubbin it in!!! [rub] [rub] [rub]

Dumke
11/17/2006, 06:20 AM
Well yeah systems shouldnt cost that much but also realize thing is costing them 900+ or so to make. Anyways back to point but like I tell people @ work they freak out because I buy all systems sooner or later. they ask why thast too much. I said ok it's like this What kinda car you drive?? (smirking because I know mine is already cooler than theres) I said ok you drive a certain car or spend more money on say clothes or shoes. I am and electronic junkie and even more a video game addict. Point is we all have our limit what we will pay for something but look what you own and your prize possesion and how much money you spend on it.

*side note: Even tho PS3 is pricey you have to realize the able to play blueray alone is worth the cost if your a HD movie junkie. Look @ what a normal DVD player runs that plays blueray disc.

However i am going to wait one because hardware issues and 2 becaus I am lame and didnt get a preorder in time. BUUt it I would have I would be selling it on ebay because liek a friend of mine said I cant see keeping a system I could sell for 1.5k or so, it would be like I paid that much for it when I didnt.

As far as buying, I got hooked on gamefly so I can play all the games I want and dont have to be one of those buy a game play it for couple weeks or month then be done. Course There are other services out there which I am changing to a better one but that is here nor there.

Happy gaming people :)

WormGod
11/17/2006, 07:57 AM
...its always best to wait at least 6 months for the manufaturer to work out any bugs and release better revisions of the hardware. My little brother bought his XBox360 like the second it came out and his had issues right away.

I have also heard the PS3 is already said to be having over-heating issues.

Bart

+1

I whole heartedly agree in the case of the PS3. We have had nothing but headaches with the dev kits and the final version only got a little better than that here at the office. I am not knocking the PS3 as it has some nice bells and whistles, but in my experience, I personally am waiting for at least the 3rd gen PS3. I am also a bigger fan of HDDVD over BluRay, as I have followed the BluRay development, and I am skeptical abouy all of the delays and problems they have had with it.

And the price fo the PS3 is absurd. It retails for the equivelent of $450USD in Japan. Why the !@#$ is it more here? Sony can lick the boys on this one if you ask me. I am not a fan on Nintendo, but I would love to see them win the Christmas battle this year. Unlikley, but there are definately more Wii's out there than the overpriced Sony. It still stuns me how big the PS3 is too. You would think that as hot as that thing runs (ya, it could heat your house!) that it is only big because it has 6 fans and a liquid cooling system, hahaha.

I am still more than happy with the 360, especially since I modded mine recently. Cut a whole in the side of the case and added a plexi window and painted the case black, upgraded fans, replaced the venting with clear plastic, and added blue LED lighting. It lookss great on my ent center. Next step might me a liquid cooling system in it. The 360 is simply FUN when it comes to modding. ;)

LittleBeast
11/17/2006, 08:14 AM
I am still more than happy with the 360, especially since I modded mine recently. Cut a whole in the side of the case and added a plexi window and painted the case black, upgraded fans, replaced the venting with clear plastic, and added blue LED lighting. It lookss great on my ent center. Next step might me a liquid cooling system in it. The 360 is simply FUN when it comes to modding. ;)

Sounds interesting, do you have pictures of that? Oh and I totally agree on the HDdvd and PS3.

nfpgasmask
11/17/2006, 08:15 AM
I definitely understand that point. If video games were my #1 hobby, I would spend whatever the cost to get a new system (within reason, those eBay PS3s through all reason out the window). But for me, I have half a dozen other hobbies that take precedence over video games.

Also, where is your info about the 900+ cost to make the PS3? If it is really costing Sony that much to make, then they must be putting a lot of stock in game sales. Does anyone know what the average price per game is going to be for the PS3?

Bart

Well yeah systems shouldnt cost that much but also realize thing is costing them 900+ or so to make. Anyways back to point but like I tell people @ work they freak out because I buy all systems sooner or later. they ask why thast too much. I said ok it's like this What kinda car you drive?? (smirking because I know mine is already cooler than theres) I said ok you drive a certain car or spend more money on say clothes or shoes. I am and electronic junkie and even more a video game addict. Point is we all have our limit what we will pay for something but look what you own and your prize possesion and how much money you spend on it.

nfpgasmask
11/17/2006, 08:20 AM
I have to say, the problem with Nintendo has always been the lack of "mature" games. That is why I strayed from Nintendo. There's only so much Mario Kart type cr@p one can take. But, I still hold Super Nintendo high on a pillar for the greatest platform game of all time: Super Metroid.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e144/Plasmfire/MZM%20100%20Percent/ScrewAttack.png

I don't care how many times I have beat it, I can always start over and play again. I am sad that games of this caliber are no longer being made. Maybe I am old school, but the 3D 1st Person versions of Metroid don't cut it for me.

Also, I have to say, Nintendo systems have ALWAYS been VERY stable.

Bart

PS - Anyone have an old Xbox they want to sell me cheap? I want one so I can mod it and install all the old school games on it!

+1

I whole heartedly agree in the case of the PS3. We have had nothing but headaches with the dev kits and the final version only got a little better than that here at the office. I am not knocking the PS3 as it has some nice bells and whistles, but in my experience, I personally am waiting for at least the 3rd gen PS3. I am also a bigger fan of HDDVD over BluRay, as I have followed the BluRay development, and I am skeptical abouy all of the delays and problems they have had with it.

And the price fo the PS3 is absurd. It retails for the equivelent of $450USD in Japan. Why the !@#$ is it more here? Sony can lick the boys on this one if you ask me. I am not a fan on Nintendo, but I would love to see them win the Christmas battle this year. Unlikley, but there are definately more Wii's out there than the overpriced Sony. It still stuns me how big the PS3 is too. You would think that as hot as that thing runs (ya, it could heat your house!) that it is only big because it has 6 fans and a liquid cooling system, hahaha.

transio
11/17/2006, 09:01 AM
I still hold Super Nintendo high on a pillar for the greatest platform game of all time: Super Metroid. I don't care how many times I have beat it, I can always start over and play again.All the NES games were like that: Super Mario Bros, Zelda, Double Dragon, Mike Tyson boxing. You could beat them 100 times and still love them. :)

Games today are like win then done. Then you have to toss them and spend $50 on the next iteration of the same boring storyline. :rolleyes:

biju
11/17/2006, 09:28 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/11/17/playstation.ap/index.html

-biju.

nfpgasmask
11/17/2006, 09:29 AM
Agreed. That is the fundamental problem with games today. You spend $50+ on a game and beat it, then its over. I recently played God of War for PS2. It was a FANTASTIC game. But, I waited a LONG time and paid only $20 for it new. After I beat it, I gave it to my brother. I typically only buy games like Tekken or Need For Speed. Those games you can always pick up and play against your friends. There is no end to playing those games.

I think that is why I like PC games better. I mean, take a game like Half-Life 2, I've been playing DeathMatch since it came out. I'm STILL getting my money's worth. Not to mention all the terrific mods for it, like Counter-Strike:Source, Day of Defeat, etc. You can just keep playing it and playing it, all for the same price (well, some of the mods are now costing $20 or so, but that is still reasonable).

One of the greatest head to head games ever was another Super Nintendo game I almost forgot about, it was called Metal Warriors, and it was so much fun to play your friends.

http://images.rottentomatoes.com/images/games/coverg/13/665113.jpg

A WarCraft addiction is a whole other story however. My little brother is seriously hooked. I am genuinely worried about him. He even met his first serious girlfriend in the game. :confused: There is just something very, very wrong with that...

Bart

All the NES games were like that: Super Mario Bros, Zelda, Double Dragon, Mike Tyson boxing. You could beat them 100 times and still love them. :)

Games today are like win then done. Then you have to toss them and spend $50 on the next iteration of the same boring storyline. :rolleyes:

Dumke
11/17/2006, 09:50 AM
I definitely understand that point. If video games were my #1 hobby, I would spend whatever the cost to get a new system (within reason, those eBay PS3s through all reason out the window). But for me, I have half a dozen other hobbies that take precedence over video games.

Also, where is your info about the 900+ cost to make the PS3? If it is really costing Sony that much to make, then they must be putting a lot of stock in game sales. Does anyone know what the average price per game is going to be for the PS3?

Bart

OK well I aint paying ebay prices I will wait for one. Well I am not much of a reader just a hear sayer but friend is up on it all he said same with other systems and have heard the story around. They pay alot for the system but make money off thier games not there hardware. Ways its been for ps2 and xbox as well as now 360 and ps3. it makes sense. I guess call me gullible if it aint true like I said I hate reading with a passion too much rambling just get to point. But I will look for it if you would like or admit to everyone I am tarded.

WormGod
11/20/2006, 08:08 AM
I have a friend who had to return his PS3 that he camped out for (dumbarse!) because it wouldnt power up when plugged in. Got a raincheck for it, and according to him, the customer returns clerk told him that his was the "3rd" PS3 return for the no power issue that day. Interesting.

I will snag some shots of my 360 mod tonight if I can remember. I still want to wetsand the painted case and leave it dull for that flat, worn look. Still have yet to do that though.

MZ-N10
11/20/2006, 11:47 AM
ebay prices have dropped significantly....the day of launch it was 2000, yesterday it was 1000....(on craigslist but same difference). the ps3 has no killer game out yet.

btw for all the non360 owners, there a rumor amazon will have 100 dollar 360 core system on THIS THURSDAY....so keep ur eyes peeled if u want a 360..

creeg
11/20/2006, 03:34 PM
http://www.i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=20628