PDA

View Full Version : Free Rockrails

Rocky Road
11/15/2006, 09:54 AM
Hope this doesn't come off as SPAM...

We're an offroad shop looking to expand into the VX. One of our specialties is Rockrails, Rock Sliders, etc. We are looking for someone in the Wasatch who would be interested in a free set of Rockrails installed.

What we need is to have the vehicle at our shop for about 3 days. We will design, prototype, powdercoat, and install the Rockrails. You just pick your vehicle up 3days later with the sliders installed.

If anyone has any questions on this, please feel free to email us direct at...
gwbuild@rocky-road.com

We have no parts listed for the VX at this time on our website, but anyone interested would be welcome to look us up to check legitimacy, and/or is welcome to stop by our manufacturing facility in Heber City.

We may also be interested in designing some suspension components for the VX. Basically, anything we design using your vehicle is yours to keep for free.

Any questions, feel free to email.

JHarris1385
11/15/2006, 09:57 AM
Where are you located at?

VCAMILO
11/15/2006, 09:58 AM
I wished I lived in Utah.... Im located in Phenix.

biju
11/15/2006, 10:08 AM
mmmmmm.... rocksliders:

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/medium/sliders_02.jpg

No offense, but I'm not sure I'd be willing to drop my baby off for 3days with somebody unknown to the site. Although, in all fairness, you did invite us to check you out for legitimacy. And the offer for free product is crazy tempting! :p

-biju.

Rocky Road
11/15/2006, 11:16 AM
Where are you located at?

We are in Heber City, UT. If someone is in the northern Utah area, they would know our town next to Park City.

New to this board, but we are a well established company found in any online search and various offroad magazines.

Tone
11/15/2006, 11:43 AM
Welcome Rocky Road and thanks for even considering to tool up for the VX. Some of the guys are paranoid of outsiders as we have had a few that didn't deliver what they promised but none were an established shop like yours.

Someone just needs to go by there,. Heck Biju, you have 2 VXes. They ain't gonna steal it and if they did, insurance covers it.

JHarris1385
11/15/2006, 11:49 AM
Great website cant wait for some parts.

biju
11/15/2006, 11:59 AM
Welcome Rocky Road and thanks for even considering to tool up for the VX. Some of the guys are paranoid of outsiders as we have had a few that didn't deliver what they promised but none were an established shop like yours.

Someone just needs to go by there,. Heck Biju, you have 2 VXes. They ain't gonna steal it and if they did, insurance covers it.

Lemme lay off the Cocaine for a few days. That drink is messing with my steeze. Yes, welcome Rocky Road - and thanks. Please forgive my paranoia. I wield a knife crazily at anybody who gets close to one of my VX's in a mall parking lot, so please take no offense. :eek: :eek: :eek:

-biju.

Triathlete
11/15/2006, 12:00 PM
Rocky Road (http://www.rocky-road.com/) is were I bought my OME springs (they have the best price). I had a very positive experience with them. They kept me informed of my order. I would jump all over this offer if only they were in Tucson! It will be nice to have a source of or willing to fab parts for the VX.
There are a couple of owners from this site in the Salt lake area...

Please keep us informed of any progress! :thumbup:

AlaskaVX
11/15/2006, 12:16 PM
Times like this I wish I lived in the lower 48. If you want it bad enough you could always fly up here and mess with mine as much as you want LMAO! I would even give you a field test.

thoughts:
I would like to be able to lift the VX with a high-lift. I am not sure if it is even possible without something ungodly sticking out due to the VX design of the side plastics kinda rolling underneath, but if I was to get a flat on the trail now I would pretty much be SOL. Just a thought.... the rock protection alone would be awesome though.

Ldub
11/15/2006, 01:41 PM
I wield a knife crazily at anybody who gets close to one of my VX's in a mall parking lot, so please take no offense. :eek: :eek: :eek:

-biju.

It's OK bro. Beej...we all know the life of a Pirate Cocaine Junkie is uphill both ways, & filled with paranoid delusions :( ...but I'll still wheel with ya any ol' time. ;)

Bimati
11/15/2006, 01:48 PM
Duplicate post...oops. I'm a tard.

Bim

Bimati
11/15/2006, 01:49 PM
Hmmmmm...All of my travels out of Grand Junction are East, not West. :mad:

Best of luck to you....what about Todd, the Moab ring leader? Isn't he in Salt Lake?

Bim

MSHardeman
11/15/2006, 05:13 PM
How far is Heber City from Carbondale, CO. It might be time for a road trip.

Hmmmm....

Just Map Quested it - 312 miles, 5 hours.

Double Hmmmm....

Let me know if no one closer comes out of the woodwork.

Rocky Road
11/15/2006, 05:14 PM
Todd Adams is in Salt Lake City and we have run into him a couple times in Moab. We're also involved in a couple of the same land-use causes.

If you're out there Todd, please contact our store. Ask for me specifically, I'd like to pick your brains on a few VX items.

Thx.

Bimati
11/15/2006, 05:44 PM
Rocky Road: (Did I miss your actual name? sorry)

I emailed the address you gave titled "Vehicross." I'll give you my VX for as long as you want.....see my email.

Take care,
Bimati

pbkid
11/15/2006, 05:48 PM
hey i would be willing to come out for a break from school if you were willing on helping me out with a body lift? mainly i need to figure out the workings of extending the linkage...and of course i would be ok with getting some sliders =D

pbkid
11/15/2006, 05:49 PM
oh man he beat me to it =( haha

ZEUS
11/16/2006, 07:33 AM
I am so down for this!!! I stopped by your shop a few weeks ago to pick up some OME 912's so I know exactly where you are at. I am in east SLC. You have an incoming PM! :cool:

Rocky Road
12/09/2006, 01:41 PM
I am so down for this!!! I stopped by your shop a few weeks ago to pick up some OME 912's so I know exactly where you are at. I am in east SLC. You have an incoming PM! :cool:

Didn't get a chance to speak with you when you came by our shop to pick up the vehicle. Let me know your thoughts on the new parts....

nocturnalVX
12/09/2006, 02:13 PM
OK... I know I am way too late for the freebie, but I want the protection sliders provide. I have three questions...

1) Are the Super-sliders available for the VX, or just the Rockrails?

2) Is there any drilling and/or welding required?

3) How much would it cost to get a set shipped out here to Chicago?

Rocky Road
12/09/2006, 04:06 PM
THanks for your interest. These are a brand new product so we don't have pricing set or a webpage up with information. SHould have it done next week with alot more pictures. In the meantime, here's a couple things we came up with...

http://www.rocky-road.com/media/vx_superslider1.JPG
http://www.rocky-road.com/media/vx_diffguard.JPG

ZEUS
12/09/2006, 04:20 PM
Rocky Road, I am glad you posted some pics - my digital camera was stolen or I would have done it today. Anyway, everything looks great! One thing though - I think it would be benefitial to take off about an inch or more at the front of the sliders. I removed material from the wheelwell to fit the larger tires when I installed them. The rails extend past that spot (more so on the passenger side) and will make contact with my tires when turning while compressed. The diff guard is really cool and seems to clear the panhard bar just fine. Thanks for the goods! :cool: You wanna help me come up with a SAS kit? :p

Rocky Road
12/10/2006, 09:39 AM
Thanks for the info on the frint edge. We will trim that back a bit so there is a little more clearance.

pbkid
12/10/2006, 11:10 AM
well clearly we are all in some need for parts like these so let us know when you get it developed and are ready to market them...i would definately be interested in some stuff...hey could you post a link to your site or something of the sort so that i can contact you, im interested in some OME 919 springs...

ZEUS
12/10/2006, 11:31 AM
pbkid - in the first post of this thread Rocky Road listed his email addy.

In post #9 there is a link to the website

Rocky Road
12/11/2006, 01:10 PM
Yah... its really not our intent to SPAM this board or phish for business. I mainly was looking for volunteer(age) for product design and input on items people would want. PMs or emails are always welcome if someone wants to ask any business or product questions.

Thanks.

Anita
12/11/2006, 02:11 PM
I dont think we would consider anything spam if the product(s) are for the VX. We have several members here that own businesses that create and sell products for the VX.
I hope you find someone willing to volunteer their truck. My VX has been a guinea pig several times through the years and its satisfying to know that the whole community has reaped the benefit from it.