PDA

View Full Version : Aiming Headlights

Bimati
11/13/2006, 05:47 PM
The question is, can I adjust the aim of my headlights on the VX? It's not in the manual.

Since I lifted the VX and cranked up the front, I get brights flashed at me, people flipping me off, etc....EVERY time I drive after dark. Obviously my lights are pointed skyward, and I can't take it anymore.

I have the stock bulbs, no modifications....

If I can't adjust the aim, are there any coverings that might work? what about those GTO brand covers? Anything?

Thanks,
Bim

biju
11/13/2006, 05:58 PM
...I get brights flashed at me, people flipping me off, etc...

Sorry - I'll try to stop doing that... :_mecker:

Seriously - not sure the proper way to adjust them, but I just used washers. When I added my HID's I had to do some slight adjusting for the same reason. There's a bolt at the top, and two at the bottom holding the housing in place (you have to take off the bumper cover to get to the bottom ones).

Adding washers might be ghetto, but it worked for me.

Good luck.

-biju.

WormGod
11/14/2006, 07:36 AM
There is a nut-sorta-thing on the backside of the headlight that rotates. I toyed with the one on the headlight which I took off, but was unable to actually see a visible change without remounting it and trying. It "appears" to be some sort of mechanism for moving the internal housing of the light, but I am not 100% sure on this.

VCrossfan
11/14/2006, 07:54 AM
There's two 10mm bolt heads on the back of each unit that will adust the inner reflector up/down, side to side. If you still have your factory air box it's tight and on the right side the battery makes it tight. I turn them on against my garage door mark a reference point with tape and make the adjustments. Remember alittle movement 5' away is much more 40' out. Good Luck..

Bimati
11/15/2006, 02:02 PM
Thanks for the help guys. Here's what the manual should have said:

---On the rear of each headlight housing (toward the radiator) there is a 10mm hex bolt. Turn the bolt counter-clockwise to raise the aim of your headlights. Turn clockwise to lower the aim of your headlights.---

Bim