PDA

View Full Version : THEY FIT: AR Chambers w/Teflon

nfpgasmask
11/12/2006, 05:46 PM
After many, many, many months of looking at these rims and asking and analyzing and researching if they will fit, I finally bit the bullet and bought a set of 16x8 American Racing Teflon Chambers (0 offset, 4.5 backside). All I can say is, WOW! I am VERY HAPPY. The BFG A/Ts fit nicely also. I opted for the A/Ts over the M/Ts in the long run. I guess practicality is a sign of old age. Plus, they had the A/Ts in stock and not the M/Ts :rolleyes: Just so everyone knows, these are LT245 / 70 R16. The tires just BARELY rubbed the cladding up front when I turned, so I trimmed just a little to be safe.

Here are some photos.

http://www.nofuture.com/myvx/pics/013.jpg

http://www.nofuture.com/myvx/pics/016.jpg

http://www.nofuture.com/myvx/pics/014.jpg

http://www.nofuture.com/myvx/pics/015.jpg

Now all I need is clear side-markers....

Bart

PS - Now I am 100% debadged externally, I even did away with the American Racing logo on the center caps...

Tone
11/12/2006, 06:33 PM
They look great! Don't know why there was any concern that they wouldn't fit.... 16x10"s would be problem BTW.

nfpgasmask
11/12/2006, 08:57 PM
Hey Tone, thanks! My only concern was over the center bore size. I was actually a little worried about the offset sticking the tires out too much, but it worked out VERY well actually.

Here is another shot from today:

http://www.nofuture.com/myvx/pics/020.jpg

That's CeCe, she is my happy little chihuahua...

:) Bart

They look great! Don't know why there was any concern that they wouldn't fit.... 16x10"s would be problem BTW.

MZ-N10
11/12/2006, 11:05 PM
rims looks nice....

kinda a side question....why teh gas mask? too much counter-strike?

nocturnalVX
11/13/2006, 12:21 AM
Looks awesome Bart! Now that I see what the Ebony VX looks like de-badged... hmmmmmm.

Tone
11/13/2006, 07:43 AM
How about a picture looking down the side with the wheels straight to see how they they protrude? VXCrazy's w/ 31/12.50/16 on 16/8 steel rock crawlers and our 5mos old Chi Sweet Pea.

nfpgasmask
11/13/2006, 08:11 AM
Wow! How did you know CS was my favorite video game??? Actually, its much deeper than that. Aside from my VX, this is my other full time hobby:

GAS MASKS (http://www.gasmasks.net)

That should answer your question and then some.

Bart

rims looks nice....

kinda a side question....why teh gas mask? too much counter-strike?

nfpgasmask
11/13/2006, 08:14 AM
:p DO IT! :p

It was funny, I was at CompUSA last night and I parked under a tree. When I came out it was dark and I could barely see the VX in the shadows. Its TOTALLY stealthy now....just the way I like it. I just need those dang clear side-markers and I am done.

Bart

Looks awesome Bart! Now that I see what the Ebony VX looks like de-badged... hmmmmmm.

nfpgasmask
11/13/2006, 08:21 AM
Hey Tone,

I was expecting the tires to protrude about 3/4" more that what they do. I would say they are about 1/4 out from the cladding. Its hardly noticable. I don't have a straight shot at the moment, I will take one and post later tonight, but here is one that almost shows it:

http://www.nofuture.com/myvx/pics/018.jpg

Your chi is super cute. I sent the photo to my wife (who is also responsible for the candy cane sweater in the photo). I never thought I would like a small dog, but CeCe is really, really sweet. I call her "sweet pea" all the time ;)

Also, I uploaded 4 more photos to the "pics" section of my site, including the above 2:

http://www.nofuture.com/myvx/myvx.htm

Bart

How about a picture looking down the side with the wheels straight to see how they they protrude? VXCrazy's w/ 31/12.50/16 on 16/8 steel rock crawlers and our 5mos old Chi Sweet Pea.

kpaske
11/14/2006, 07:27 AM
I just need... ...and I am done.I'm calling B.S. on that one, buddy! You're hooked like the rest of us. ;Db;

Nice VX, nfp. I really like the stealthy all-black theme, and the Teflon wheels just add to the "industrial" look. Have you thought about any of these mods:

- Remove titanium fang covers (black plastic underneath)
- Blacked out headlight / tailight covers
- Clear corner markers on the rear
- Limo black tint all around
- Line-X covered cladding

Just some ideas for ya, just in case you really thought you were done for a while. ;Db;

nfpgasmask
11/14/2006, 08:32 AM
LOL, yeah, you're probably right. There are always things to do!

Here are my answers:

No way! I love the fangs!

Again, no way! I love the front lights and the way they look. And I don't think darkening my brake lights is a smart idea. I already have one dent back there!

Yes, I did think about this. But, the red really doesn't bother me, its the amber I can't stand.

This is one I am seriously considering. Probably in the spring I will look into this. My problem is that I am scared. I have seen so many horrible, peeling, bubbling tint jobs that I am just a little put off by it. But, on the same token, I have seen some nice tint outs. I guess I just need to find a really good shop and spend the money. But what really scares me is messing with my side windows. My passenger side is already slow, and something tells me that if I tint it, it will be the beginning of the end. I have been spraying silicone lube down there, and it has helped for sure.

Another No Way! I love the cladding. I really like the gray/black overall tone of the vehicle, including the inside. Its got that urban camoflage look now, just like my favorite G.I. Joe (Cobra rather) character:

FIREFLY (http://www.yojoe.com/action/84/84images/firefly_large.shtml)

I think if I had a second VX to really play with, I would do some crazy $H1T to it. I always thought the VX would look wicked with a huge canon or belt fed machine gun mounted on top. I also would like to incorporate some "get-away" mods, like an automatic caltrop dispenser or smoke screen or something (and I have seriously thought about this, it wouldn't be too hard). By now you can probably tell I spend most of my waking hours in fantasy land. :) Once I get my garage straightened out, and my welding gear setup, I might fab up some sort of mock canon out of pipe that can be attached to the roof rack...you know, just for fun!

If I can get the clear corners, that will pretty much be the last outer body mod I want to do for a while. It would be nice to get tinted, and I am still considering Tone's hitch and black Safari bar, but those tires and rims really set me back, and I still need a roof rack for my bikes and I think I might want a basket for up there eventually also. And that stuff ain't cheap. I did see a cheap reverse view camera at Wal*mart last night actually, which I am thinking about.

:p Bart

I'm calling B.S. on that one, buddy! You're hooked like the rest of us. ;Db;

Nice VX, nfp. I really like the stealthy all-black theme, and the Teflon wheels just add to the "industrial" look. Have you thought about any of these mods:

Just some ideas for ya, just in case you really thought you were done for a while. ;Db;

etlsport
11/14/2006, 11:10 AM
If I can get the clear corners, that will pretty much be the last outer body mod I want to do for a while.

i would have thought you would rather go dark with the lenses, imho i think dark lenses look better than clear, i did my front ambers in about 10 minutes with wally world static-cling tint

one of these days ill get to the ones over the wheels, it shouldnt be too hard with some adhesive film and an embossing gun

with the fronts there is very little if any dimming of the light with the film over it

nfpgasmask
11/14/2006, 01:23 PM
I don't know. I really like the clearcorners the best. I was sold on those when I saw WormGod's ride with the clearcorners. About 4 months ago I saw a green dragon in Chicago that looked like someone sprayed the inside of their corners with black spray paint. In my opinion, it just looked cheap and dirty. The dirty look is ok, so long as its real dirt. The cheap look I do not want....

Bart

i would have thought you would rather go dark with the lenses, imho i think dark lenses look better than clear, i did my front ambers in about 10 minutes with wally world static-cling tint

one of these days ill get to the ones over the wheels, it shouldnt be too hard with some adhesive film and an embossing gun

with the fronts there is very little if any dimming of the light with the film over it

nfpgasmask
11/14/2006, 02:15 PM
Here are two straight shots to show how much the tires stick out...kinda difficult since they don't really stick out more than a quarter inch...

http://www.nofuture.com/dailys/0offset1.jpg

http://www.nofuture.com/dailys/0offset2.jpg

Bart

Ldub
11/14/2006, 04:10 PM
Verrry Stealthy...I like the look.

Tone
11/14/2006, 05:46 PM
Still look great. I would have gone with a 285 tire though.

nfpgasmask
11/14/2006, 08:16 PM
That would have been bigger right? I probably would have had to do some serious trimming? This is what I was trying to avoid....all in all, I am quite happy with this setup.

Bart

Still look great. I would have gone with a 285 tire though.

kpaske
11/15/2006, 07:57 AM
Fangs: No way! I love the fangs!It took me a long time to make the decision to remove mine, but once I took them off they never went back on.

Headlight/Tailight Covers: Again, no way! I love the front lights and the way they look. And I don't think darkening my brake lights is a smart idea. I already have one dent back there!Yeah, that's exactly what stops me from tinting or covering my lights in any way. I LOVE the look, but if it compromises safety, it's probably not worth it.

Clear Corners on Back: Yes, I did think about this. But, the red really doesn't bother me, its the amber I can't stand.The amber definitely stands out a lot more. I'm just into a clean, uniform look and I figure if I do one corner I have to do them all. One day...

Tint: This is one I am seriously considering. Probably in the spring I will look into this. My problem is that I am scared. I have seen so many horrible, peeling, bubbling tint jobs that I am just a little put off by it. But, on the same token, I have seen some nice tint outs. I guess I just need to find a really good shop and spend the money. But what really scares me is messing with my side windows. My passenger side is already slow, and something tells me that if I tint it, it will be the beginning of the end. I have been spraying silicone lube down there, and it has helped for sure.I've had three cars tinted so far and every job was nearly perfect. There are tons of reputable shops in NV, just make sure you do your research and ask for referrals. The window binding is a whole 'nother issue. We really need to find a solution for this, as my driver's side is showing signs of dying, which is much harder to live with than my dead passenger side window.

Line-X: Another No Way! I love the cladding. I really like the gray/black overall tone of the vehicle, including the inside. Its got that urban camoflage look now, just like my favorite G.I. Joe (Cobra rather) character...Yeah, I really wish I would have waited until 2000 to get a Grey/Black interior. Someday I'll find someone to swap with, or I'll have to recover or replace my seats and panels. I personally think Line-X would look very "at home" on a VX, whether it's inside on the floor panels or outside on the cladding, wheel wells, or underside. A bad Line-X job is going to look bad on any vehicle, IMO.

I think if I had a second VX to really play with, I would do some crazy $H1T to it. I always thought the VX would look wicked with a huge canon or belt fed machine gun mounted on top. I also would like to incorporate some "get-away" mods, like an automatic caltrop dispenser or smoke screen or something (and I have seriously thought about this, it wouldn't be too hard). By now you can probably tell I spend most of my waking hours in fantasy land. :) Once I get my garage straightened out, and my welding gear setup, I might fab up some sort of mock canon out of pipe that can be attached to the roof rack...you know, just for fun!Yeah, that stuff would be pretty cool just for fun. What about setting up a couple of rigs with "paintball" weapons and taking them out on the trails? Whoooo! What fun! :D:D:D:D

thedutchguy
11/15/2006, 08:02 AM
Why do you wear a gas mask?
Sniffing solution? :confused: :p

nfpgasmask
11/15/2006, 08:05 AM
LOL, didn't you see my reply above? I collect them...

GAS MASKS (http://www.gasmasks.net)

Bart

Why do you wear a gas mask?
Sniffing solution? :confused: :p

JHarris1385
11/15/2006, 09:38 AM
What made you decide to collect gas masks?

nfpgasmask
11/15/2006, 09:46 AM
LOL, its a long story, my website pretty much tells all. But, in a nut shell, I started cause I thought they looked cool ;)

Bart

What made you decide to collect gas masks?

JHarris1385
11/15/2006, 09:53 AM
I asked because I never thought about them, but they for sure do look cool. Ok im done back to the real topic...............I like the AR's alot, im stuck between the AR Mojave's in teflon, white rock crawlers or black RC's

nfpgasmask
11/15/2006, 10:51 AM
I would love to see the Teflon Mojaves on a VX. They were my second choice. I went with the Chambers because I think they look a little more industrial and futuristic. The Mojaves have a more classic look, which is very nice also. As for the rock crawlers, they just look like spare rims to me. But, if you go with the white, that will be interesting. The other thing is, comparing the AR rims to the Rock Crawlers, you are talking about serious price difference. I say, if you are willing to drop the cash, go with the ARs, but if you are on a budget, do up the RCs.

Gas masks are also cool and industrial looking. Pretty much goes with my whole theme. I plan to shoot a short "wasteland esque" movie with my VX and lots of gas mask action. Problem is, I just left my whole crew back in Chicago, so it is kinda difficult at the moment...

Bart

I asked because I never thought about them, but they for sure do look cool. Ok im done back to the real topic...............I like the AR's alot, im stuck between the AR Mojave's in teflon, white rock crawlers or black RC's

JHarris1385
11/15/2006, 11:40 AM
Here is my problem.....I have 20's w/street tires on the VX right now that came with it, the seller also had the stock 18's brand new and when I went to pick up the VX about 10 hours away, with the sub in the back I could only fit 2 of the stock rims with me for the ride home.....Now the problem....the seller sent the other two rims to me via UPS.....and only ONE came to my door step. And trust me I have done everything to trace it. Placed two tracers on it, contacted the ups store down here and there and personally serached the UPS center down here where they both were shipped to.....Now I am awaiting on getting paid for my lost articles....So i have to find and send proof of price for the rim and stock tire at its highest price to guarantee most funds possible...

Moral of the story I have 3 brand new stock rims and tires, and winter is approaching and I need non-street tires. I was not in any way expecting to have to go out and buy rims and tires. But since I found rock crawlers so cheap, they are tempting me to stray away from buying used ones on ebay...So what I will hopefully do soon if I get enough money from UPS (depending on where I can find the retail prices of our rims and dueler tire) is buy a new set of winter rims/tires with the money from ups and selling my three other rims.....

nfpgasmask
11/15/2006, 12:01 PM
Man, I just can't understand how UPS could loose a whole rim. No offense to any UPS fans out there, but this isn't the first time I have heard such horror stories. A buddy of mine bought a lift kit for his truck a couple years back. The box came all torn up with parts literally falling out on his front door step. The kit was missing all sorts of stuff. UPS has lost or mis-delivered a few boxes of mine also. Just last month I bought an expensive and slightly rare pair of sunglasses on eBay. UPS lost that box, now I have to keep searching. I really prefer USPS or FEDEX. Even DHL seems to do a better job sometimes!

Bart

Here is my problem.....I have 20's w/street tires on the VX right now that came with it, the seller also had the stock 18's brand new and when I went to pick up the VX about 10 hours away, with the sub in the back I could only fit 2 of the stock rims with me for the ride home.....Now the problem....the seller sent the other two rims to me via UPS.....and only ONE came to my door step. And trust me I have done everything to trace it. Placed two tracers on it, contacted the ups store down here and there and personally serached the UPS center down here where they both were shipped to.....Now I am awaiting on getting paid for my lost articles....So i have to find and send proof of price for the rim and stock tire at its highest price to guarantee most funds possible...

Moral of the story I have 3 brand new stock rims and tires, and winter is approaching and I need non-street tires. I was not in any way expecting to have to go out and buy rims and tires. But since I found rock crawlers so cheap, they are tempting me to stray away from buying used ones on ebay...So what I will hopefully do soon if I get enough money from UPS (depending on where I can find the retail prices of our rims and dueler tire) is buy a new set of winter rims/tires with the money from ups and selling my three other rims.....

ZEUS
11/16/2006, 08:11 AM
I usually don't like black wheels on the VX but the finish on these really blends nicely and the offset is perfect with your choice of BFG - it's like the cladding flows into the tread on the sidewall. You research paid off nicely - kudos!

nfpgasmask
11/16/2006, 08:18 AM
Thanks Zeus, and I agree. IMHO, shiny black rims looks kinda weak on the VX. That's another reason I didn't want the Rock Crawlers, cause they have a glossy coat on them. These teflon coated rims aren't even really black. They are like a really dark gray, just like the cladding. So they match perfectly. I hear they are really easy to keep clean too.

Bart

I usually don't like black wheels on the VX but the finish on these really blends nicely and the offset is perfect with your choice of BFG - it's like the cladding flows into the tread on the sidewall. You research paid off nicely - kudos!

WyrreJ
11/16/2006, 10:22 AM
These teflon coated rims aren't even really black. They are like a really dark gray, just like the cladding. So they match perfectly. I hear they are really easy to keep clean too.

Just don't cook anything on them at temperatures higher than 400F and you should be fine.

nfpgasmask
11/16/2006, 10:36 AM
Yeah, I don't want teflon fume fever!

;) Bart

Just don't cook anything on them at temperatures higher than 400F and you should be fine.

PHO2GR4
12/04/2006, 02:25 PM
Hi Bart,

I've been eyeballing both the AR Chambers and the AR Dominators in Teflon. I notice you opted for the 16" wheel. Did you consider the 18" wheels? I'm taking delivery of a '99 Ebony VX in a few days, and I'm planning on changing the stock 16 inchers to 18". I'd be interested to hear your thoughts.

nfpgasmask
12/04/2006, 03:21 PM
Hey, I just replied to your PM.

Bart

Hi Bart,

I've been eyeballing both the AR Chambers and the AR Dominators in Teflon. I notice you opted for the 16" wheel. Did you consider the 18" wheels? I'm taking delivery of a '99 Ebony VX in a few days, and I'm planning on changing the stock 16 inchers to 18". I'd be interested to hear your thoughts.

PHO2GR4
12/13/2006, 11:04 PM
Hi Bart,

Well, after doing WAY too much research, I've finally decided that you made the right choice. The Teflon Chambers are the only Teflon-ish rims that will suit the 1999 VX. The others were either too big or had a WAY too different offset.

I'll probably stick some Yokohama Geolandar AT/S tires in a 265-70-16 size. Using the online tire calculator, the diameter difference is only 1.11 inches...or an estimated 30.61 inch total diameter.

I'll probably do a combination lift/cladding trim so the tires don't rub.

Eric

CrnCnn
12/14/2006, 06:07 AM
I liked the blacked out look, I didnt think I would but when i saw it in person... its gooood.. kinda jealous.

want to do more to my astral now

ZEUS
12/14/2006, 07:37 AM
Hi Bart,

Well, after doing WAY too much research, I've finally decided that you made the right choice. The Teflon Chambers are the only Teflon-ish rims that will suit the 1999 VX. The others were either too big or had a WAY too different offset.

I'll probably stick some Yokohama Geolandar AT/S tires in a 265-70-16 size. Using the online tire calculator, the diameter difference is only 1.11 inches...or an estimated 30.61 inch total diameter.

I'll probably do a combination lift/cladding trim so the tires don't rub.

Eric

You might not even need to worry about a trim with the offset of these rims and that 30.6" tire size. You definitely don't need a lift - but maybe crank on the torsion bars enough to remove the rake if you want. That combo will look good!

nfpgasmask
12/14/2006, 08:15 AM
If you get that Proton, I think black rims would look wicked on it. I'm thinking the AR Teflon Mojaves. I once saw a tricked out yellow Suburu Imprezza with black rims, and it looked bad@55, even though this kinda vehicle is totally not my style, it still looked great. Get the cladding nice and dark, and have the nice yellow contrast against the black....yeah...I wish I could afford a second VX. My wife doesn't like the yellow, but the more I look at it, the more I want one...I would have no choice but to paint a huge yellow radiation symbol on the hood inset though. :nuke:

Bart

I liked the blacked out look, I didnt think I would but when i saw it in person... its gooood.. kinda jealous.

want to do more to my astral now

nfpgasmask
12/14/2006, 08:17 AM
Yeah, I only took a tiny smidge off the corner of the front cladding, just to keep my tires from rubbing when the vehicle is jacked and turning offroad. It was just BARELY rubbing the corner of the cladding. So, depending on the tires you put on, you might not have to trim at all.

Bart

You might not even need to worry about a trim with the offset of these rims and that 30.6" tire size. You definitely don't need a lift - but maybe crank on the torsion bars enough to remove the rake if you want. That combo will look good!

PHO2GR4
12/14/2006, 09:32 AM
I searched and searched (and searched) for more options in the 275's and even 285's, but only came up with a very few in the 16" rim size. There are Pirelli Scorpions, which get uniformly awful reviews, and then Goodyear Eagle GTs, and some BF Goodrich Radial T/As.

I've already driven on the Yokohamas that I'm eyeballing, and those were GREAT tires. I just wish I could find them a smidge larger!

Still, the 265 Yokohamas will fill out the wheel well a bit more, and the darker rims will probably work as an optical illusion to make the entire combo a little larger.

In any event: pretty psyched.

CrnCnn
12/14/2006, 08:15 PM
I found this pic in the gallery, I dont really care for the black rims...

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/438vx11.jpg

nfpgasmask
12/14/2006, 09:21 PM
Yup, I agree. The problem with most black rims is the glossy finish. And in the case of the generic steel rims, not only are they glossy, but they are generic looking too. They look like spare tire rims to me. Thats why the Teflon Chambers and Mojaves are so bad@55. They are flat, and more of a very dark gray than a black, which makes them match the cladding really well. These are the rims I would love to see on a Prot:

http://www.americanracing.com/dealerline/blackimages/blackbig/b3981.jpg

These have the same finish as my Chambers...

Bart

I found this pic in the gallery, I dont really care for the black rims...

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/438vx11.jpg

CrnCnn
12/14/2006, 09:24 PM
good call. I agree with that.

JHarris1385
12/15/2006, 12:43 PM
I had to crank the t-bars a bit but I just fitted 265/75-16 with the a 4.5 offset rim....

Ill get pictures up this weekend. I am also lifting it saturday myself.

spaceCADETzoom
01/01/2007, 10:14 PM
wow, these chambers are exactly what I've been looking for...without even knowing it! I've been pretty close to getting those rock crawler looking ones. But now that you mentioned it, they DO look like spare wheels.

Question: do you know if any store offers AR Chambers locally? I (and the VX) am currently away from a permanent address and will be for a while. It would be neat if I could just pick'em out and get'em installed at some big tire chain store.

offset/backspace are diff than stock. Did you find the trimming necessary? I don't have a clue about non-stock wheels...

I'm assuming everything will be the same. I've got a 99 VX...running A/T 245/70/16...new tires I just bought a about 4 months ago. I wish you had bought your chambers then, and posted about it, while I was still at a perm address and had the time/cash allocated!

JHarris1385
01/02/2007, 10:15 AM
Cadet.......I have seen in local BIG-O tires they have the Chambers in stock.

I live in Southern, Indiana and I am sure this is the same for the KY stores.

nfpgasmask
01/02/2007, 10:29 AM
Yup, Big-O out here carries them. But I have to say, you should order them from an online shop, cause you will probably save quite a bit of money. These retail for like $220 a pop, but online you should be able to get them for around $175 each. I paid about $192 each, including shipping.

From the research I did, the only ones that will fit the VX properly are the
AR3985-6883s. These have a 0 offset with 4.5 back spacing and look verrrrry nice indeed. I don't think any of the 17s or 18s will work.

I would call this place and see if they have them in stock. They didn't when I was ready to buy mine, but this place offers free shipping.

WheelsForLess (http://www.wheelsforless.com/search_result.asp?Product_ID=398568)

Bart

wow, these chambers are exactly what I've been looking for...without even knowing it! I've been pretty close to getting those rock crawler looking ones. But now that you mentioned it, they DO look like spare wheels.

Question: do you know if any store offers AR Chambers locally? I (and the VX) am currently away from a permanent address and will be for a while. It would be neat if I could just pick'em out and get'em installed at some big tire chain store.

offset/backspace are diff than stock. Did you find the trimming necessary? I don't have a clue about non-stock wheels...

I'm assuming everything will be the same. I've got a 99 VX...running A/T 245/70/16...new tires I just bought a about 4 months ago. I wish you had bought your chambers then, and posted about it, while I was still at a perm address and had the time/cash allocated!

ameetw
01/02/2007, 04:07 PM
Hi, the largest tires you can use is the 255/70 R16 with a 0 offset rim. They pop out a bit more. I am currently using them. They are Yokohama. My original BFG 265/70 R16 AT had to be traded with my other truck, sadly they rubbed on the Vx. I'm waiting for them to wear out a bit then try them again :)

PHO2GR4
01/02/2007, 04:43 PM
I'm hoping to use a SLIGHTLY larger tire...a 275/70/16 Yokohama. They may stick out a little, but hopefully not too much. Tickets suck.

As far as trimming the cladding, I'm going to try a slight lift first (OME 912 springs) and THEN see how much will have to be trimmed.

spaceCADETzoom
10/18/2008, 11:18 PM
heh, years later, i finally get around to biting the bullet. And have found that the chambers have become an extinct, some say mythical animal.

My hopes were lifted when I found a cool looking teflon predator:

http://www.wheelsforless.com/search_result.asp?Product_ID=396568

ONly to be dashed when I found out they only have them in the GM sizing for our offset/backspace/lug pattern.

I settled for the Victors. I hope they get to the house in a couple days. I'm still in Iraq. Impulse internet buying waiting for your flight is terrible. I want them to get into TX beforre my flight out to CA to see my parents. I'll only be stateside for a couple weeks... fingers crossed everything (fits!) and arrives shortly.

http://www.wheelsforless.com/images/are/367t.jpg

nfpgasmask
10/19/2008, 10:25 AM
Wow, that sucks. I guess I should feel lucky to have a set of Teflon Chambers. They were hard to find when I bought them, so I could only imagine how difficult it must be now. I wonder why they stopped making them?

Bart

cyronman
10/19/2008, 11:45 AM
Wow, so that means we have a rare set of wheels for our rare VX...:cool:

Good luck with that set, and ENJOY YOUR R&R !