PDA

View Full Version : Two Wheeled Passion

Bimati
11/09/2006, 05:22 PM
Any other VXer's out there share my Superbike passion?

I bring you the Ducati 1098 for 2007: 160hp, 381lbs. Only $14,995.

Have my deposit down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.ducati.com/flash1098/eng/index_eng.html

nfpgasmask
11/09/2006, 06:58 PM
Well, I think the Monster kick @$$, but this is more my style:

http://ratbike.org/photos2/y546suz.jpg

Crotch rockets just ain't my thing...but I bet its fun.

Bart

etlsport
11/09/2006, 07:17 PM
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... thats sexy.. i love those headlights.. they look so mean... im only about 14,500 short (after taxes) but one day...

shoota77
11/09/2006, 07:47 PM
i have a tt600...not the fastest, or best looking, or best handling...but it gets me where i need to go and i have a good time

nocturnalVX
11/09/2006, 09:53 PM
I own a 1995 Ducati Monster M900, and love it. However, I recently purchased an '06 Yamaha VMax... talk about power & looks! I'm glad to see Ducati went back to the wicked looking cat-eye headlights... did not care much for the vertical lights of the 999. I'm going to check this out at the next bike show, but I'm certain the seat hight will be too tall for me to consider owning one. I'll have to post a pic of my VX, the VMax, and the Monster.

Commando
11/09/2006, 11:04 PM
Right there with you, Bimati. Ducks are the only way to fly. I'm somewhat low on lira these days so the 1098 will have to wait. My '97 916 is still a much better bike than I am rider so I think I'll keep her around for another twenty years or so. Besides, the styling is ageless and I can't think of any other bike that gets my juices flowing quite so well. When my wrists cramp, I've got a '92 Paso for working out the kinks. The rounded fairing that blends into a rather angular tail section takes some getting used to, but the sharp handling and mellow thunder are atributes that can't be beat.

I never had a problem with the 999's looks, but I was in the minority it would seem. The 1098 solves most of the former's styling quirks. The horizontally opposed headlights do look as if a Triumph might have snuck into the barn prior to gestation, but they are a vast improvement. So to are the twin underseat mufflers. The 999's single slab-sided affair had more than a little Morgan-Tec influence. Hot stuff on a VX but a bit austere hanging under a Duck's tailfeathers!

pbkid
11/09/2006, 11:22 PM
bim, i love it....damn i wish i had some more money lol because i would have my deposit down lol...
gorgeous bike =D
hey if you get one we need to meet up so i can check it out...**** ill come to GJ if you want...

TEN36VX
11/10/2006, 12:22 AM
A little out of my price range... I ride a '02 GSXR 600, Black/Yellow.

I would still like to be a style biter and get a 'Busa motor unit like OK Highway Patrol for work. :_drool:

thedutchguy
11/10/2006, 04:27 AM
This model's comming soon over here.
It has Hayabusa power.
Can't wait to try it!

http://www.fullgaz.co.il/archive/aug-06/news/images/suzuki_bking_.jpg

SUZUKI BKING.

Bimati
11/10/2006, 04:52 AM
Oh, the '97 916. Last year of hand assembly before Americans bought the company.

PBkid: My deposit is down at Fay Myers. They are at Arapahoe and I-25 in Denver and they always have the best bikes on the floor like the $40,000 MV Agusta Tamburini and plenty of Ducs...stop by and drool sometime. faymyers.com.

I do enjoy the middle finger styling of the new B-King (although your picture didn't load for me). Every time I hear the name, I picture that plastic headed Burger King mascot stunting on it.

The only part of the 999 I grew to like was the breadbox exhaust....I guess I'm in the minority there.

Having owned all of the "nutter" bikes, I settled on the original '97 TL1000s (yep, the one that was recalled for spitting so many people off).

I think I have a problem, 'cause that's just not enough anymore. I need more horses, updated suspension components etc. I'm a closet adrelaline junky I guess.

Here's one of the good 'ol days: CBR600F2

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/thumbs/scan2.jpg (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/scan2.jpg)

crager34
11/10/2006, 07:35 AM
This is my 07 Suzuki V-Strom DL650

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/medium/v-strom.jpg

MSHardeman
11/10/2006, 07:53 AM
I am currently riding the monster 1985 Suzuki GS300L. Let me tell you, this thing is a SCREAMER. :freek: Kidding. It's my first bike, and it's been chopped and stripped enough to make it look like a little cafe racer. It's not much but I like it, and like the VX, everyone is always asking what it is.

nfpgasmask
11/10/2006, 08:30 AM
Ahhhh, so that's what it is. I saw a VMax before I left Chicago. It was a silver one that caught my eye. Until now I didn't know what it was! That bike looks pretty sweet, a little too big for my taste, but it does look bad@$$.

Bart

PS - Now that I have so much open desert road, I almost hafta buy a bike. The problem is, every single person I have ever known who has ridden a bike has wrecked at least once, and many resulting in serious injury. So, I try to supress the temptation...but I think I am destined to ride a rat bike someday.

I own a 1995 Ducati Monster M900, and love it. However, I recently purchased an '06 Yamaha VMax... talk about power & looks! I'm glad to see Ducati went back to the wicked looking cat-eye headlights... did not care much for the vertical lights of the 999. I'm going to check this out at the next bike show, but I'm certain the seat hight will be too tall for me to consider owning one. I'll have to post a pic of my VX, the VMax, and the Monster.

JHarris1385
11/10/2006, 08:53 AM
Buel is better.

Bimati
11/10/2006, 09:09 AM
MSHardee: I'm diggin that cafe look. :thumbup:

Crager: I've heard that V-Strom is AWESOME!

JHarris: I'm sure you are an expert from that insightful analysis....Grab a dictionary. (Buell) :p :p :p Just pokin a little fun, man. Take it easy.

Glad to hear other VXer's are out on two wheels as well. If anybody gets to Western Colorado or Moab, Let's VX and Ride!!!!!!!!

Bim

Ldub
11/10/2006, 09:43 AM
Being mostly of the carpenter persuasion, this is what I'm puttin' at the top of my wish...YOU LISTENIN' MR. CLAUSE ??? :p ;)

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/redneckharley.jpg

Anyone ever tangles with me in an accident, is going home with some bad splinters at the VERY least !!!

thedutchguy
11/10/2006, 10:23 AM
I think this one is probably safer! :p

http://www9.yatego.com/images/428c4b88a06f67.9/3186_leg9860.jpg

thedutchguy
11/10/2006, 10:28 AM
..................or this life size one for only $25.000,00 !

http://www.mixedgreens.com/ArtWeb/publish/worksimages/LSTO.0001_xl.jpg

JHarris1385
11/10/2006, 12:34 PM
BIM

One letter off, my bad

BUELL Is Better

1.) The fuel is in the frame, unique
2.) Brakes are a average 7lbs lighter than competitors
3.) Better Drive and idler pulley and competitors
4.) V-Twin engine
5.) Muffler relocation, becuase all other brands normally do it wrong

http://www.buell.com/en_us/home.asp

Check it out for yourself.

Sorry but they are better and your welcome for the intelligence received from reading their website and learning.

Bimati
11/10/2006, 02:20 PM
Relax, Harris. It's all subjective. Oh, and I've owned 2 Buells...I appreciate their uniqueness, oil in the swingarm, etc.

VX = love it or hate it.
Ducati = love it or hate it.
Buell = Love it or hate it.

Different strokes for different folks....

Have a nice day.

Bim

Cobrajet
11/10/2006, 03:09 PM
My faithful steed is a 2000 CBR600F4. I used to carve the nearby mountain roads with the best of the liter bikes, but it and I have aged, and my long commute prevents me from riding as often as I used to. I wear my road rash with pride. As they say, there are only two kinds of riders - those who have crashed, and those who will. Count me in the former group (a couple times.)

MZ-N10
11/10/2006, 03:42 PM
im surprised no one mentioned any kawas......

Bimati
11/10/2006, 03:46 PM
I hear ya, Cobra...I have crashed a few in my time both on the street and track. It's really true what they say about learning.

The old question has always been: If I had $500, how could I improve my bike? The best answer I've heard over and over is...spend the money on some protective riding gear and riding instruction.

After my first riding school and a few racing schools, it's all about control and finesse (among other things)...it matters little what type of bike you are on.

Awesome to get out with a group of people on different types of bikes and check 'em all out.

Bim

MoonRaker
11/20/2006, 09:23 PM
I still love em but I had to get rid of my 98 900rr. The thing bit me bad. 2 vertibre, all but 1 rib, femur in 3 spots and pelvis, 4 months in the hospital. So now for thrills I ride a raptor 700.

thedutchguy
11/20/2006, 11:20 PM
Oh, and I've owned 2 Buells...I appreciate their uniqueness, oil in the swingarm, etc.
Yes, and it only takes half a day of labour to fix a broken drive belt. :p

AndyC
11/21/2006, 06:57 AM
05 R1 here :) also still have my other 86 VFR750. Not to mention my little Italian minimoto race bikes :p

WormGod
11/21/2006, 08:34 AM
FTW!

http://www.kawasaki.com/Products/Detail.aspx?id=161

Bimati
11/21/2006, 02:41 PM
Thank you, WormGod. I learned a new one today: :)

FTW
****** FTW For the Win
****** FTW Feel The Wind
****** FTW For the World
**** FTW Fight to Win
**** FTW Flying Training Wing
**** FTW For the Weak
**** FTW Face the World
**** FTW For Those Wondering
*** FTW Free the Whales
*** FTW Forever Two Wheels
*** FTW Free Trade Wharf
*** FTW Fort Worth Meacham Field (Airport Code)
*** FTW Families Than Work

Bim

MZ-N10
11/21/2006, 06:54 PM

FTW
****** FTW For the Win
****** FTW Feel The Wind
****** FTW For the World
**** FTW Fight to Win
**** FTW Flying Training Wing
**** FTW For the Weak
**** FTW Face the World
**** FTW For Those Wondering
*** FTW Free the Whales
*** FTW Forever Two Wheels
*** FTW Free Trade Wharf
*** FTW Fort Worth Meacham Field (Airport Code)
*** FTW Families Than Work

Bim

cant forget F*ck The What?

WormGod
11/22/2006, 08:29 AM

Its creepy to some that, as a 33 year old guy, I actually use that txt and even sometimes talk like that. I am a strange GenX breed. :cool:

AndyC, I too had a VFR750 back in the day. It was actually one of my first "vehicles" since I rode it to HS. It was a good bike for years until and elderly woman thought that RED meant GO and t-boned it. I was able to bail but the poor bike became street graffiti. :(

Since then, it's been all dirt bikes and ATVs. Always wanted an enduro, but I am afraid to ride on the street since the VFR. Seeing how 80% of the bikers ride around here, you couldnt pay me to join their deathwish crowd anyways. They are actually nuisances now and have no regard for anyone else on the road. Its a wonder I dont see more deaths of bikers due to their negligence. Its a sad fact around here, but its true. They and my past VFR incident will keep me from riding ever again on street. :(

Bimati
11/22/2006, 10:27 AM
Praise be to the VFR!

1986: Sold
1990: Stolen
1994: Sold

The sound, the (old) gear driven cams...too bad they added Vtec in 2002.

Great bike...if I could afford an RC45, it would be in my garage for eternity.

Worm: WTF? Nobody talks like that, IMHO. :p

Bim