PDA

View Full Version : Porsche seller near West Palm Beach ripping me off, can someone help me?

Y33TREKker
11/09/2006, 10:58 AM
Could someone near the West Palm Beach area, Hobe Sound to be specific, pose as a potential buyer of a Porsche 928S4 and get me some pictures of some body work a guy is neglecting to mention in his auction?

I recently bid on a Porsche on ebay and am now being ripped off $500 + expense's. After sending a deposit, paying airfare, rental fee's, gas money, hotel bills and the cost of food; I arrive, from southern Illinois, to find out the car is nothing near what is described in auction and it also has had body and paint work. Now the guy won't send my deposit back nor reimburse me some expenses. I'd like to get pictures of the repaired area on the drivers door and drivers side rear fender so that I can show ebay why the transaction wasn't completed.

If you can help me, please reply and I'll get you more details.

Thanks

thedutchguy
11/09/2006, 01:53 PM
Need a baseball bat?

JHarris1385
11/09/2006, 02:04 PM
Sounds like transio and his TT

Y33TREKker
11/09/2006, 04:12 PM
Need a baseball bat?

While it is true that the guy is being an ***, for the time being I'm going to try to keep things civilized. Thanks for the offer just the same though. ;)

transio
11/09/2006, 04:20 PM
Right. I went through this with an Audi TT in Houston. I got my deposit back while I was out there, but I'm out my expenses... about $400 worth. That's the price of shopping long-distance on ebay. I wound up getting a real deal on a TT from ebay in the long-run, though... more than made up for the $400 I lost on that one. :) I also bought my VX off ebay and got a real deal on that one. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.

JHarris1385
11/09/2006, 04:38 PM
Oh yeah you can really win and lose off ebay for sure. But it keeps it exciting and I will always purchase from ebay.

For example bought a 99' Black C280 Sport Mercedes a couple years ago, for $9,200 shipped to my door......That was almost 50% off, infact last year I totaled it in a wreck (long story) and got a check from insurance for $15,400 so I made a profit in a way. Thank god my friend sells insurance or I would have a high rate.

MoonRaker
11/09/2006, 04:39 PM
Im in west palm beach and I hate car dealers. So what do you need, im tied tight with cars in the area I work at pettitracing.com, my cars the yellow one there. So, how bad did he get you, did you take possetion of it, tell me the details. See when I bought my VX off the show room floor used and mint looking, the wires were melted in the wireing harnes going to the tranny after I drove of the lot they said let the warrenty handle it, I smiled on the phone and told them I would. The next phone call that I made was to the bank holding the check for 9 grand. I dropped it off at isizu then called the dealer and told them what Id done and they freaked out. I told them that id rite them a check when my VX was fixed - the money I ended paying for a new wiring harness. I had them by the balls and they new it. They were iching and even threatened me for the money because it took iszu 6 months to figure out the problem. I fixed that by drifting through there parking lot in my RX-8 into the Handicaped spot [ im handicaped ] by then I had everyones attention, went into the show room and got in the bosses face and said really the whole thing about the threat and how they sold a piece of crap of the showroom floor, every one who was bying a car left. Thats how I get things done. Anyway, do you need help?

Y33TREKker
11/09/2006, 08:22 PM
.....Anyway, do you need help?

Uhm....now I'm afraid. :p

By the way, was that flash I saw go by on the Florida Turnpike you by any chance? Heh. I haven't made such good time getting from point a to point b in a loooong time!

Anyway, Here's the story I listed on Roadfly.

http://forums.roadfly.com/forums/porsche/porsche_928/8094481-1.html

I already have a few people from other message boards who have offered to help get pics for further proof of my claims if necessary, but maybe that won't be necessary.

transio
11/09/2006, 10:51 PM
MoonRaker,

I always LOVED the Petit Racing RX-7's !!!! I have a buddy who's gonna pick up an RX-7 project car in the next year - I think with a 30k total budget to build it up (including purchase price). I'll send him up to you guys when he's ready. Are you doing RX-8 engine swaps at all? Does the 8 have the 1.9 liter, or still with the 1.3? Rock on! You guys kick ***. :)

BTW, if you ever wanna sell your RX, send me a PM or give me a call (I can PM you my # if you want).

Peace,

Steve

MoonRaker
11/09/2006, 11:21 PM
What flash, I dont speed, LOL. No, sorry I cant part with the RX,plus its an automatic, a supercharged automatic that dusts M/Ts ha ha its been an ongoing project toy. Its been a big project for some time along with others, hears the replacement for the RX-7 that you used to see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2ung98buGc thats one of the best of them. Are any of you local. I posted an adventure offer for VX owners, im going and if you like we can convoy. Put your VX to work in the sand dunes of Cali for newyears. Also I live next to the Corbit wildlife refuge and like to put a wopping on all the off road crap out there, wana join me.

Mark B
11/10/2006, 07:46 AM
I live in the Tampa Bay area about 5 hours away from WPB.

goffaramma
11/10/2006, 08:07 AM
If you can help me, please reply and I'll get you more details.

Thanks

Hey man, I'm not near there, but have you tried asking the guys on rennlist? I love 928s and am looking for one myself, and that site is simply awesome. I've learned so much there, and I'm sure you can find someone on that board close to the car you're having trouble with and they'll be glad to help out (not to speak for any of them, but the 928 community is awesome).

http://forums.rennlist.com/

Try 'em out, and good luck!

MoonRaker
11/10/2006, 08:56 AM
Give me the address were the car is, Ill swing by and get those pics tommorow. Were did you say the most bondo was, ill show its bondo, also whats who holds titleship, who does it belong to, Ill go there and im shure hes still has it for sale.

Y33TREKker
11/10/2006, 05:32 PM
Give me the address were the car is, Ill swing by and get those pics tommorow. Were did you say the most bondo was, ill show its bondo, also whats who holds titleship, who does it belong to, Ill go there and im shure hes still has it for sale.

PM sent.

volume311
11/10/2006, 11:13 PM
Moon, theres as RX7 meet Saturday Nov. 11th down in Markham Park in Davie or whatever the hell neighborhood that is. Would be sweet if you brought one of those beasts over.

transio
11/11/2006, 08:36 AM
Hah... I almost went to Markham Park today to fly my RC plane. I have a wedding to go to in a little bit, though. Too bad, I'd have liked to see all the RX's. :D

MoonRaker
11/11/2006, 09:20 AM
Im not going to make it , to much to do today.

Y33TREKker
11/11/2006, 10:45 AM
Im not going to make it , to much to do today.

Thanks just the same for the offer Moon. Hopefully I'll be able to get this worked out without too much difficulty, but given who I'm dealing with, I'm not counting on that.