PDA

View Full Version : Put on my new/ old winter sneakers, what ya think?

morgan-tec
11/07/2006, 08:42 PM
Well since winter is here and my chrome does not need to be exposed to mag chloride or sand i put on my new/old winter wheels and tires. I powdercoateed the stock Axiom wheels high gloss black and put on BFG long trail 275/60/17. Tell me what ya think

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-5/195531/100_1919.jpg

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-5/195531/100_1921.jpg

Kenny
11/08/2006, 02:35 PM
It's pretty cool you painted the stock rims. They look good, like OZ rims.
I envy your access to powdercoating equipment. I would have soooo much fun with that. :p

But why the BFG Longtrail? I would have figured on more of a "winter grip" tire.
How is the Longtrail on snow and ice?

nfpgasmask
11/08/2006, 11:27 PM
...totally freakin hot! I love the white truck with black rims. Looks sharp!

Now I am even more excited. My AR Teflon Chambers go on my Ebony VX Saturday morning with some new BFG Rubber...

I can't wait.

Bart

morgan-tec
11/09/2006, 04:25 PM
It's pretty cool you painted the stock rims. They look good, like OZ rims.
I envy your access to powdercoating equipment. I would have soooo much fun with that. :p

But why the BFG Longtrail? I would have figured on more of a "winter grip" tire.
How is the Longtrail on snow and ice?

Well truth be told i stole them off ebay for $80 with 11/32 tread, new they are 12/32 and they do well in the snow. I went with them also because last year i put 9k miles on the Axiom snowboarding and that is almost all interstate driving. And i hate tires that drone. These are even quieter than my 22s.

JHarris1385
11/09/2006, 04:34 PM
So would those rims fit the VX?

ScottinMA
11/09/2006, 05:39 PM
So here is a dissenting opinion. I don' t care for the presentation. The white body against the black doesn't appeal to me (sorry but it's an honest feedback). I LOVE the ability to power coat and those rims would be more attractive in a more compatible color IMHO. I see the attention is driven by the vehicle and interrupted by the black wheels. I HATE to disagree since I know that you may be looking for support for your endeavor (I know I would be) but I'm not on board with the combo. Now bring on the flaming

nfpgasmask
11/09/2006, 06:51 PM
That's the beauty of life man! As long as we can have our own opinions and not get shot for it, life is good!

I saw a Subaru Outback that was forrest green with all black rims like that and it looked hot.

I really don't understand why it took so long for rim designers to start making all back rims. Black rims rule! I can't can't wait to see my VX with the Teflon Chambers mounted. I really hope the zero offset doesn't make it look weird.

That hood scoop on the Axiom looks wicked too! Is that aftermarket?

Bart

So here is a dissenting opinion. I don' t care for the presentation. The white body against the black doesn't appeal to me (sorry but it's an honest feedback). I LOVE the ability to power coat and those rims would be more attractive in a more compatible color IMHO. I see the attention is driven by the vehicle and interrupted by the black wheels. I HATE to disagree since I know that you may be looking for support for your endeavor (I know I would be) but I'm not on board with the combo. Now bring on the flaming

morgan-tec
11/10/2006, 08:56 AM
Jharris1385 - yes they will swap to the VX

ScottinMA - Thank you for your honest opinion. I can definatly see your point and i was ready to powder them white to match the truck but these are my winter wheels that get covered in crap, mud, mag chloride, etc. and it does not get washed nearly as often as during summer. The white wheels would need a lot more cleaning and the potential that the white could be discolored made me change the color. I would have taken white hands down over the black if these were my only wheels.

The scoop is a 2001 Subaru wrx that was cut installed as a functional scoop