PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket wheel size/steel cage match?!

WormGod
05/01/2003, 12:29 PM
Ok, after battling with a a wheel company on the phone for 20 minutes, I need some reassuarance from those "who know". This company is trying to tell me that an 18X8.5 6-139.7 will not be compatible with a stock lift on the VX. They have NO specs on the VX and are saying that they "believe" the Trooper to be of the same specs. Correct me if I am wrong, but it is my belief that they are slightly misinformed of the specs here, and this wheel size WILL fit.

They will sell me the wheels, as I want them, but will not acceot a refund if they are the wrong size. I say the wheel WILL fit. Can I get am AMEN to that? ;)

SCUDD
05/01/2003, 02:48 PM
Hey Gary, You saw my wheels! They are 17X8.5 6X140 and 10mm.....what you need to worry about is the bore size of any wheels you get...I could find out what they had my center bore drilled out to.
Rodney

WormGod
05/01/2003, 04:33 PM
Well ya know, here is the weird thing.... on their site, they have the wheel listed as one of the 8 or so that actually WILL fit the VX. Very odd if you ask me. I am having the WORSE possible time trying to find some wheels!! I know what I want, the size is right, but the salesmen just arent coming off as being too knowlegable. They keep pushing other types of wheels on me, so I think they just want to try to talk me into something more expensive.