PDA

View Full Version : Got VX back after wreck... no fangs.. .need some

goffaramma
11/04/2006, 07:14 PM
I was just wondering if anybody had a set of extra fangs for the VX. I was hit about a month ago. It's fixed now (new front and rear bumpers etc.), but they told me they couldn't get the aluminum fang inserts from Isuzu. So I was just wondering if anyone here new where to get them, or if anyone had a pair I could buy.

I'm psyched that I have my VX back though. I love it!

Thanks,
Dave

mistermg
11/05/2006, 10:06 PM
I am shy 1 set of chrome fangs on one in my fleet. Anyone have a part number and or another extra set. Good luck on the search!

MZ-N10
11/05/2006, 10:09 PM
which side do u need? i have one but i dont remember which side it was

mistermg
11/05/2006, 10:17 PM
I did not know they were l or r but I need both. Help Goffaramma first. 2 of my trucks have bad crankshafts so no rush....................... :rolleyes:

goffaramma
11/06/2006, 10:47 AM
Yeah, I would need both, but I appreciate the reply MZ-N10. I found a part number when I did a search on this board. I can't find where I wrote it down, but when I called my local Isuzu dealer, they said they couldn't get it.

Wow, Mistermg, you've got a fleet of VXs. Sweet.

I'm still searching and will let you know if I find anything.

Ldub
11/06/2006, 10:53 AM
Just a thought...

Remove the grille (E-Z)

Break out the masking tape & rattle can w/ your choice of color.

Mask

Paint

Remove masking etc.

Re-install. :cool:

goffaramma
11/06/2006, 12:05 PM
Ldub, you're a genius. I think I'll go ahead and just do that. Those darned fangs are too hard to find, and I think I'd like my fangs to be white anyways. I have Rons skid plates (white), so why not some white fangs?

Thanks man. I'll post some pictures when I'm done.

Dave

MZ-N10
11/06/2006, 12:38 PM
my 1 fang isnt much use to goffaramma unless he wants to have a vx with a chipped tooth....lol

goffaramma
11/06/2006, 03:03 PM
my 1 fang isnt much use to goffaramma unless he wants to have a vx with a chipped tooth....lol

Good call MZ-N10. If I had the one fang, I could resemble a couple of my cousins from West Virginia.... on second thought.

Ldub
11/06/2006, 06:19 PM
Good call MZ-N10. If I had the one fang, I could resemble a couple of my cousins from West Virginia.... on second thought.

(Banjo music from "deliverance")

der-da-deer-da-dr-da-deer-da-drrrrr... :eek: