VX-KING
05/01/2003, 09:45 AM
I've been looking for a chrome scuff plate for the last month cant find it

email address: JDEJE@AOL.com

c/f scuff plates
but im looking for one in chrome and they have it but where

and the wing for the back of the vehicross

かえでちゃん!たのむからボクのスポイラーに傷をつけないでね。
ZIG製リアスポイラーを装着しています。ZIGの壁に掛かっていたサンプル 品を最後にゲット!

;eeko;

VX-KING
05/01/2003, 09:53 AM
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=1431&papass=&sort=4

http://www.geocities.co.jp/MotorCity-Rally/8203/oyagi/oyagi.htm
-
Im looking for the wing for the vehicross ;Db;

AlaskaVX
05/01/2003, 12:30 PM
Honestly I think that a chrome scuff plate is not a good idea. After about a year or so it will not look very good. Chrome scratches too easily and likes to fade over time, especially if people are stepping on it all the time. It might look good at first but unless you are on top of it and polish it often I don't believe they will last long at all. Just my 2 cents

IsuZOOM
05/01/2003, 12:48 PM
You could use the factory plate as a mold and have a steel piece poured :D Might be a little bit overkill.

VX-KING
05/01/2003, 01:07 PM
thanks but my vx is a show car know and the only thing i drive is a ford lighting and a 1969 Boss 429 on the weekends and a sunning;Dy; ;Dr; ;Dp; ;Db; ;Do; :cool: :cool: :cool:

paultvx
05/02/2003, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by Randy712
You could use the factory plate as a mold and have a steel piece poured :D Might be a little bit overkill.

Why cast when you can CNC.

dutchie
05/02/2003, 12:46 AM
The chrome scuffplates used to be an option for the Japanese VX,
but is no longer for sale.
The wing is as in your post written available through ZIG.
There was some interest before and I checked it out...it`s still available if you have the cash, around $700,- unfinished and excl.
sending cost.
If you`re still interested, send me a mail.

VX-KING
05/02/2003, 01:42 PM
hey dutchie
what is the phone number so i can order it it and put it on and i need it fast

i have a show coming up and want to look good :cool:

paultvx
05/02/2003, 01:44 PM
I think dutch is telling you that you can buy it through him. email him. You better know how to speak Japanese if you'd rather call the shop directly.

IsuZOOM
05/02/2003, 02:17 PM
$700 for an unfinished piece, plus shipping? Sounds about right ;eeky;

paultvx
05/02/2003, 03:20 PM
It's from Japan. Of course it's going to be expensive. Heard of exchange rates?

dutchie
05/02/2003, 04:09 PM
Ooops sorry, it`s not sold through ZIG anymore, only through Tonbo house, I`ll write the phone, and e-mail add later on.(got to go to work) But be prepared...no English, so your Japanese better be up-to date.;Dy;

VX-KING
05/05/2003, 07:10 AM
hey dutchie
how long would it take if i would to buy one :confused:

dutchie
05/05/2003, 07:53 AM
Well it`ll take them a week or two to make one,( I don`t think they have them in stock) and 2 weeks to get in the US.
Sorry my response was late, but I thought you lsot interest after naming the price...most others did.
I you`re very serious I`ll contact them for you and ask for a final price and sending cost/time. And then you have to hope that they acccept credit card...

edyavno
05/05/2003, 09:15 AM
Are the steps in the picture attached to the scuff plates? Are they separate items or all in one (with scuff plates)? The steps themselves look aluminum ...

http://www.geocities.co.jp/MotorCity-Rally/8203/oyagi/oyagi17.jpg

dutchie
05/05/2003, 05:07 PM
no the steps were as far as I know, made by ZIG, which went bankrupt... Only a few Japanese owners have them.
The scuffplates were a factory option...

VX-KING
05/06/2003, 06:29 AM
can we get those side steps or no
and the picture on page one it so showa splash guard on the side and were can i get them at cuz i like those

edyavno
05/06/2003, 06:45 AM
dutchie,
can you check if the steps are still available, maybe even used ones, and what the price would be. I'm very interested if the price is comparable to the nerf bars.
Thanks for your help on this,
- Ed Y.

Originally posted by dutchie
no the steps were as far as I know, made by ZIG, which went bankrupt... Only a few Japanese owners have them.
The scuffplates were a factory option...

dutchie
05/06/2003, 07:52 AM
sorry guys, I want those steps too, but they`re not for sale anymore, anywhere....
No japanese owner will part with his so the change to find a second hand set is almost impossible.
As for the mudguards, they were oem parts, which are also not made anymore.

VX-KING
05/06/2003, 09:50 AM
is there any splash guard out there that we can put on
the vx

if there is please show pics:confused:

paultvx
05/06/2003, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by VX-KING
is there any splash guard out there that we can put on
the vx

if there is please show pics:confused:

Click on SEARCH

Some have used splashguards from PepBoys. Factory guards were too expensive to make it worthwhile anyway.

edyavno
05/06/2003, 03:05 PM
Hmm...
I've seen them in some Japanese VX pic before and really liked them: they look great on VX and seem really practical.

Would someone in US or Japan consider fabricating them using existing ones as prototype? If existing owners are loving them and others want to get them in Japan, I imagine they will find even bigger market in US.

I would be in on that if it could be done under $400 and the quality would be comparable to ZIG's.

PS anybody can post links to other VX sidestep pics?

Originally posted by dutchie
sorry guys, I want those steps too, but they`re not for sale anymore, anywhere....
No japanese owner will part with his so the change to find a second hand set is almost impossible.

VX-KING
05/07/2003, 11:26 AM
i love my vx but its sucks that i can not buy these after market parts. they just dont want our business no more

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

paultvx
05/07/2003, 12:04 PM
The VX is a limited production vehicle. What do you expect? Think about it from aftermarket manufacturer's and retailer's point of view. Would they want to spend time and money supporting a niche market that has fewer than 5000 buyers? That's why when we want something, we have to do it ourselves and take preorders so that whoever is making it possible knows exactly how many to produce.

Get yourself a Jeep or a Honda if aftermarket support is what you want.

Dallas4u
05/07/2003, 03:59 PM
they just dont want our business no more

Doesn't this mean they DO want our business? (double negative)

paultvx
05/07/2003, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by Dallas4u
Doesn't this mean they DO want our business? (double negative)

LMAO.

VX-KING
05/08/2003, 06:23 AM
what does LMAO stands for if you dont mine telling me

edyavno
05/08/2003, 10:51 AM
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=LMAO

what does LMAO stands for if you dont mine telling me