PDA

View Full Version : Slushie... need help

Dumke
11/01/2006, 07:12 AM
OK I need some help. So monday I decided to go a little off roading and mudding with a buddy of mine (passgener). SO I see this mud puddle and it being my 1st off road experience really I said you think I can make it? He was liek if you go fast enough. So when I was heading around corner to hit mud puddle still contemplating wether I was gonna go through with it. SO i asked again you really think I can make it. he was liek its your truck. I then thought you know he is right screw a warranty lol. So I went in and got stuck. Well water and mud was up to bottom of where door opens. So I finally get pulle dout and water is comming out of frame. Finally water stops comming out so I drive home la di da. Things I learned: Dont go in a puddle unless you know how deep it is. Plus dont do it in a stock vx or street tires, Also make sure you have ample light to see. Yes I know a bit newbish but was good laughs and fun none the less.

Anyways now to question. When I take off or hit the brakes I hear water slushing around somewhere on passnger side. Seems like the length of it. Also @ one point I heard it in back one was length of truck other was width by gas tank. So my question is anyone know where I can start looking because here its wednesday and hanvet found problem. I looked under neath to see if I could possibly trouble shoot. But being not very car oriented or mechanically inclined its like I am looking for a needle in a haystack.

Any and all suggestions will be welcome. Also once friend sends me pictures I will try and post them even tho some may laugh as they have prolly been stuck worse. thanks again

Tone
11/01/2006, 07:28 AM
Probably the passenger side door and the drain holes are clogged. It will probably fix itself or you can pull the door panel off but closely follow the instructions posted elsewhere on .info.

You run a very high risk of taking out the alternator by submerging the bottom end in muddy water - my GF's literally blew in seconds as she tried to cross a deep hole. Dealer Alts are $400+, auto parts stores can get you one for about $150.