PDA

View Full Version : Question about Razo shifters?

djkymar
11/01/2006, 05:52 AM
So i tryed to serch for old topics about how to install and where to buy razo shift handles but all links in there dead and i never got founf something that i need.
So here is the question what model Razo shift handle would fit on VX and where i can buy it
Thanks

etlsport
11/01/2006, 06:37 AM
which razo knob are you looking for? there are 3-4 that various VX owners have used
i think the one that has no button (you depress the whole thing to disengage the shift lock) is the RA94

WormGod
11/01/2006, 08:00 AM
I have tried just about every Razo shifter, including the universal ones, that work with the VX, and was only happy with one. Small, aluminum and c/f press down shift type. The one to avoid is the joystick, flight stick looking one. Its was noisy and rattled like a SOB. Sorry I dont have any other info for ya.... simply dont have the time here at work to look up any models, heh.

EDIT:
Foubd a pic, although bad lighting.... avoid the chrome one pictured left. Thats the flight stick one....

http://wormgod.8m.com/Images/Ebony/vx_boots.jpg

The one on the right is fine for simple standardshift types, like our FWD shifter. Perhaps someone else here has a pic of the press down shift knob....

djkymar
11/01/2006, 08:14 AM
etlsport yeah im looking that one . thats what i found on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/RAZO-RA94-Carbon-Fiber-Black-Quick-Automatic-Shift-Knob_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33703QQihZ014QQite mZ330044041811QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
is that what i need to get?
and how difficult to fit it or its no problem?

etlsport
11/01/2006, 08:23 AM
i dont know about the razo one, i got one similar to it from autotechnica (ordered thru summit racing) that presses down, ive had a couple of small problems with it

1. collar was too small to fit over shaft... so i bored it out
2. had a round collar meeting up to square cover over shaft.... so i removed the square cover
3. had a round hole coming out of the square cover's slot, looked awkard (and shaft was unfinished).. so i put a shift boot over the shifter

i think this one was specific to my VX/install

the shiftlock release wouldnt come up all the way sometimes, so i had to rig up a spring in there to pull the release out all the way

im in philly so if you did order and run into problems, i could probably meet up with u and help you out

check my gallery for photos

djkymar
11/01/2006, 08:36 AM
etlsport yeah i heard about that one but like you said you many troubles with it so im trying go with razo ra 94. I see youve done a lot of work to your VX so can i contact you if i will have troubles? cuz im going to install new speakers and i def would need some help with it. Thanks

etlsport
11/01/2006, 09:34 AM
sure, im always willing to help a fellow VXer out, im planning on doing lots of work this weekend on mine (tones popper kit wired with the alarm, dynamatting the cargo area/rear speaker mounts and possibly my fuel pressure regulator) youre welcome to come down and i can help you w/ your stuff too if you dont mind workin in the cold ill pm you my contact info

djkymar
11/01/2006, 09:38 AM
etlsport okay thats cool i dont might cold weather so its fine for me too lol
waiting for your pm