PDA

View Full Version : Tires...

JHarris1385
10/31/2006, 10:20 AM
Here is my short story....I bought a VX with aftermarket rims.....Could not fit the other stock ones in the back for the drive home with all the other luggage I already had in the back....But i did fit two of them.....Other two almost two months later were shipped to me....BUT one was lost during shipping.....

Here is my question
How much could I get out of my remaining 3 stock dueler tires and rims 18'' that have 95% tread on them???????

If I could sell them and hopefully get some money from UPS claims for the lost rim I would like to buy some lightweight 15 or 16's with more rubber...I really would like the all black rim look....

nfpgasmask
10/31/2006, 10:39 AM
I just bought the AR Chambers with Teflon. If they fit, these rims should look totally sweet. I do not think you can put 15" rims on the VX. You need at least 16"s I think.

I will post photos as soon as I am done.

Bart

PS - How the h3ll do you loose a rim in the mail? Seems a little fishy. It probably got destroyed or something.

Triathlete
10/31/2006, 10:39 AM
There are always people on here looking to buy 1 stock rim to use for a full size spare. I do not think you would have to much trouble off loading them.

And yes there are some people running 15s on the VX. Do a search to find more info.

JHarris1385
10/31/2006, 11:24 AM
"Here is my question
How much could I get out of my remaining 3 stock dueler tires and rims 18'' that have 95% tread on them???????"

Triathlete
10/31/2006, 11:30 AM
Check places like ebay to get an idea of what they are selling for. That will give you an idea.

transio
10/31/2006, 11:38 AM
I'd say probably 100-150 each, or 300-400 for all three. If you had the fourth wheel, you could probably get more value out of them... say, 600-700 for the set? Sucks that UPS lost one. :( Demand replacement value for the wheel and tire.

Triathlete
10/31/2006, 11:47 AM
And be nice to the person you talk to when you call UPS. It is not UPS that takes these calls it is a contracted company...and it might be my daughter you speak to! :bwgy: :rotate:
(still have to take care of my little girl) LOL!

Navigator
10/31/2006, 11:50 AM
"Here is my question
How much could I get out of my remaining 3 stock dueler tires and rims 18'' that have 95% tread on them???????"

If the rims still have shiny chrome with no blisters, pits, or scrapes and the tires are 95% as you say, you could get as much as $100 per wheel, depending on the buyer. Understand the tires regarless of tread are getting old. I just replaced a 5 year old set of Michelins (rotated regularly) with 42k miles and 85% tread still on. Check for cracks in the sidewalls after 3+ years, if you see cracks replace the tire ASAP regardless of tread to avoid a blowout.

Joe_Black
10/31/2006, 12:10 PM
For about $200 I found on eBay a full set of NEW Nissan Frontier wheels in 15" and put 30X9.50 rubber on them. The only issue, and it's a minor one, is that you need to relieve the inner lip of the wheel about 3mm for A-arm clearance. Running a fine-grit sanding drum chucked in a hand drill around the center bores will help too as they can be just a little tight.

So take your time and look around, there are some deals to be had on 16" and 15" wheels. Just be sure to check the center bores on non-Isuzu wheels.

If you'd be interested in selling just one of your 18" wheels let me know, especially if you've got one in poorer cosmetic condition than the others.

JHarris1385
10/31/2006, 12:44 PM
I am clueless on what bore/offset and other terms mean concerning rims and tires.....All i know is I really want a light wieght wheel with some meat for rubber.

JHarris1385
10/31/2006, 02:08 PM
Wow way off subject please delete or begin new thread

NYVX
11/02/2006, 06:29 AM
Wow way off subject please delete or begin new thread

Thought I was.....will move