PDA

View Full Version : Like a rock......not even close.....

IndianaVX
10/28/2006, 08:11 PM
well, i took on a job this week, new construction. middle of a muddy hill, 9its been raining for a couple of days) so anyway, the guys siding the house have this HUGE boom truck machine thing, that they have been using to move the material, and use it as a scaffold, they NEED this machine. well, their boss left for the day, and it was jsut their crew, and me. the end f the day came, and they use this machine to park it up against their tool trailer, so no one can steal it, problem is, as menioned, their boss, wth the 4wd truck is gone. one of the guys drives a grand prix, another a mazda, and their final hope, an old duely chevy deesil has bad glow plugs, and wont start and the "machine" is in the middle of a muddy front yard, VERY MUDDY.
so im loading up the vx, and i hear one of the guys say, the machine wont start, ...it needs a jump.....how are we gonna do that????

I say to the guys, "you want me to drive up that hill, and jump start the machine? they say, "you think you can make it in that thing???"

I START GRINNING, and bob seger starts playin in my head. I start the truck up, put it in 4wd, and proceed to sling mud, putting the bourge warner transmission tod thru the paces, and pull up right to the machine, with amazed construction workers watching. words cant describe the feelong, but if you use your imagination, you will understand how proud i am of the vehicross. and i think the truck liked getting alot of mud slung around it too!!
I still havent washed the "badges of courage" (mud) off yet.

just thought id share
david

nocturnalVX
10/28/2006, 09:21 PM
That is awesome! Wish I was there to see the stunned look on the faces of those guys. Well done & thanks for sharing!
:thumbup:

MZ-N10
10/29/2006, 12:34 AM
hehehe, people always thinks the VX is a CRV/RAV4 wannabe.....

Ldub
10/29/2006, 05:02 AM
hehehe, people always thinks the VX is a CRV/RAV4 wannabe.....

When it's WAY the other way around. :cool:

I love a story with a happy ending.

VCAMILO
10/29/2006, 05:18 AM
:-) Its like getting the "look" when the Jeeps see you on the trails... HUH! How did you get up here?... Is that thing gonna make it up that hill? LOL

Ldub
10/29/2006, 05:41 AM
Yeah...the LOOK :cool: I remember on the trail in Moab, a group of "jeepers" that pulled to the side of the trail to let us pass.
I said a quick "thank you" to one of them as we passed.
He & his passenger had the "look" & he said: "Dude, those things are AWESOME"...high praise indeed from the jeep camp. :smilewink

Mark B
10/29/2006, 06:42 AM
Booyah