PDA

View Full Version : I'm now an owner, let the questions begin!

gexxo18
10/28/2006, 06:49 PM
Well I flew to Florida and made the plunge for a 99 black Vehicross with 28k miles. All in all fairly satisified, needs some TLC -- But I'm just anal about scratches and fading. So my first question is, my TOD is on 100% rear when I stop, but at any point I give it gas I get 1 bar meter on each of the front wheels. Is this normal, will it always give the front wheels power regardless of the driving conditions?

Thanks

VCAMILO
10/28/2006, 07:04 PM
Congrats... Im sure you will find all your answers if you do a quick or lenghty search first. I been there is sometimes you find your answer and sometimes you dont.

So, I think we have about 85% rear power and 15% front all of the time. When you punch the gas and the rear tires sense some kind of spin then the front get more power. hence the first light. 75% rear & 25% front. If you are still need more traction the VX goes to 65% rear and 35% font (2nd light)... need more? 55% rear and 45% front, etc... untill all lights go full green. If car stops then the TOD kick off and you are back to 85% rear and 15% front. You VX is acting normal.

Now, go get your ole man emu springs and get your self some bigger tires. You wont regret the look! :-) Some of us in Arizona will not go back to stock hight.

Ldub
10/28/2006, 07:04 PM
First things first...CONGRATS on becoming a full fledged member of the family ! :cool:

And yes, one bar on the TOD is normal above 4-5 mph...

Also, know that we're all here for ya & most will be glad to help in any way they can BUT, the search function is your friend, as most newby questions have been answered about a million times.
I know, cause I've asked many of them at one time or another before I made friends with Mr. search function. ;)

Welcome to the fam. & happy motoring !

Anita
10/28/2006, 07:11 PM
Welcome and congrats on buying such a beautiful color VX... ;)

Cyrk
10/29/2006, 03:02 AM
Congrats... Good that you got the fastest color!
We should try and have another GA meet soon.

Good luck with her.

-Dave

crager34
10/29/2006, 04:42 AM
(hehehehe) Another sucker!! :p

Great purchase and welcome to the club. These trucks are like any other out there. Some don't see any issues (big or small) in their life and others are somewhat cronic. Take care of her, PREVENTATIVE maintenance vs. solving problems when they come up.

De-Badge her - You will love the attention.