PDA

View Full Version : uh oh...

pbkid
10/27/2006, 11:50 AM
guys im kinda freakin out right now...last night i went to take off to go to fort collins to go see my best friend...about half way there the check engine/check trans light came on...didnt think much of it because of the fact that i forget to tighten up the gas cap really well some times...
so i got out and tightened the gas cap and i figured no big deal...but no..
about 5 miles farther down the road my vx started acting real wierd, when ever i was coasting or decelerating it would pop in and out of 4wd..(basically the gauge on my dash would go to full and then back to normal in a pulsing manner) no bad road conditions...
then i noticed that every time it poped to full traction my car would kinda "jump" to the left like the front left brake was tightening...
ok i have three ideas as to what this would be, but any other ideas or more solid answers would make me feel a lot better...
1. something with the tod system
2. mad tire inflation
3. my front right tire is pretty much all the way bald (not down to the wires yet or anything) which is causing the TOD to think that its slipping a little bit when decelerating

ps- i came up to a signal turning red, and i decided to stop instead of going through and my vx locked up the front tires like it was icy and the antiloc went on and off....wierd too because the road wasnt icy...

any ideas? any help?
im starting today by putting on my winter tires that have good tread and hoping that it was either because of a bald tire or bad inflation..

Anita
10/27/2006, 11:55 AM
Im guessing #3 for starts... get equal size tires with somewhat equal tread wear on them and go from there.

Ldub
10/28/2006, 07:36 AM
Maybe a bad sensor or sensor connection ???
Whatever it is, hope you get it taken care of SOON...

pbkid
10/28/2006, 10:30 AM
well, i got the snow tires put on...they are four of the same tread and now same inflation..it seemed to fix the problem (thank god)...but yea thank you for your help anita..and im good larry dont worry my car isnt flipping out anymore..
i really thought i had messed up some #^@ with my TOD though, gave me a good scare..

nfpgasmask
10/30/2006, 08:56 AM
Yeah, when I bought my VX with bald tires, the TOD did act funny and my trans kept slamming in and outta 2nd and 3rd gear. I did not get any dash lights however....

Bart

well, i got the snow tires put on...they are four of the same tread and now same inflation..it seemed to fix the problem (thank god)...but yea thank you for your help anita..and im good larry dont worry my car isnt flipping out anymore..
i really thought i had messed up some #^@ with my TOD though, gave me a good scare..