PDA

View Full Version : Alarm System

Pens
04/30/2003, 05:59 PM
My alarm system just stopped working with the keychain thingy and this doesn't open the door locks anymore either. The interior red light is on but it doesn't blink like it use to. Anyone have any suggestions. I downloaded the alarm manual but there isn't anything that helps in that either.

Oh, and the battery isn't dead, I tried both keyrings. Thanks in advance for any help.

Moncha
04/30/2003, 06:02 PM
Disconnect the negative lead from the battery (In the engine compartment) for a couple of minutes and see if that will reset the system.. Beware, the alarm may go off when your reconnect the battery...

VehiX
04/30/2003, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by Moncha
Disconnect the negative lead from the battery (In the engine compartment) for a couple of minutes and see if that will reset the system.. Beware, the alarm may go off when your reconnect the battery...

This is exactly what will fix your problem, This just happend to me the other day and it works :)

Just make sure you are ready for the alram to sound when you reconnect it!!! ;eeko;

Pens
05/05/2003, 10:27 PM
Thanks guys, that will be my weekend project. You should have left the alarm surprise though, it would have made for good conversation after I soiled myself. ;eekb;

paultvx
05/06/2003, 01:45 AM
When the alarm does go off, does the VX's horn sound or is it just that wimpy high pitched steady tone you'd get when you hit the arm button accidentally while one of the doors is not shut?

TimG
05/06/2003, 09:08 AM
The horn sounds, and it's really annoying when you don't expect it and you have your head under the hood reconnecting the battery cables.