PDA

View Full Version : Now I have to say goodbye

hugabone
10/22/2006, 01:28 PM
I joined this site about a year ago. I took a plane from MD to Fl and drove it back. Unfortunately I had to let it go. For one, I had buyer's remorse after buying it even though I did a thorough research. I had nothing but problems after I got it. For one it had the window issues, was leaking oil, dome light would blow a bulb every couple of weeks, I got the engine light but that was resolved by recconnecting the ground cable to the battery. Then a few months ago I had to get the transmission replaced, good thing I had a few weeks left on the warranty. Not to mentioned a few other nuissances it had.

It got to the point I just didnt want it anymore, even though I could have fixed all those issues. Also, the fact it was a two door was becoming a problem with the little ones. So I went out to look at other vehicles, I wanted something with some get up. I went looking at a Mustang GT, but that sure as hell wasnt practical either because of the 2 doors. But, i was considering it but they only offered 8k for for my '01 Photon with 54k miles. I would have been too far upside down so I walked. Then I went to look at a Charger SRT8 and fell in love with that so thats what I ended up buying Friday. So have a good one all.

gexxo18
10/22/2006, 02:02 PM
Wow this scares me, considering I am flying to Florida to purchase one this coming week. Also being I'm not a skilled mechanic and I don't have enough money to purchase a second car

hugabone
10/22/2006, 02:29 PM
Wow this scares me, considering I am flying to Florida to purchase one this coming week. Also being I'm not a skilled mechanic and I don't have enough money to purchase a second car

I am definately not trying to scare anyone. Overall this is a solid vehicle. I just had the unfortune situation with the VX. My problem was the seller didnt disclosed all the issues before I got there, like the truck was keyed all the way around but was covered with decals. Hect, I drove it 900 miles back and a day later I get a blowout because the tires were too bald. So my suggestion to you is to make sure you thoroughly check the vehicle and dont hesitate to walk away if you have any doubts, because you will have buyers remorse and that is not a good feeling. Now, most of these issues I saw and bought it anyways, so I really cant blame anyone else. Good luck

zilik
10/22/2006, 03:51 PM
If your buying out of state and spent airfair to get there don't be afraid to walk. While it may cost you a couple of hundred bucks to get back home it's better than buying something that you don't want. Earlier in the year I had flown to LA to look at a 2001 Proton and while it looked good the papers were a little fishy and the owner was even fishier. I walked. Did I make the right choice? Who knows although I am glad I did. Later this summer I flew to Houston to pick up 2000 Ebony. The seller had emailed me pictures and pointed out every flaw she new in those pics. She made the vehicle look and sound worse than it was. I left Denver thinking I would end up spending a few more bucks to get home but the Ebony turned out better that expected, in fact way better. 17.5 hours later I was back home in
Denver in my new, to my family, Ebony. Any way, my wife and I now have a 2001 Proton (purchased locally) and a 2000 Ebony from Houstion; both with 40K miles on em. Keep looking and don't be afraid to walk.

Gary

VXD959
10/22/2006, 04:21 PM
Hugabone,

So how much did you get for your Proton? $8K trade-in?
You could have gotten over $12K if sold here in this forum....

hugabone
10/22/2006, 05:19 PM
Hugabone,

So how much did you get for your Proton? $8K trade-in?
You could have gotten over $12K if sold here in this forum....

Nah, I ended up getting 10k for it. I owed 13.6k on it. I would have had to put about a grand into it to get it up to par. Then I would have to come up with the difference from the payoff to be able to sell it. It would have taken another two months to sell it. Believe me, I was going to try and sell it out right but didnt want to go through the hassle. Let me break down the issues. Both windows needed to be fixed, the previous hack job on the alarm system was making the door locks lock and unlock, the cladding had been painted black but the rear bumper had some damages from when someone backed into something, the dome light would blow a bulb, it needed a gear shifter because the previous owner put some cheap aircraft handle on it, it sounds like the wheel bearings are shot because it made this grinding noise when driven, someone keyed it, though it was yellow, it was there. It needed to have the oil pan resealed because it was leaking oil. I could have fixed most of those things but I lost interest in it. I never felt like I bacame one with the car. So to answer your question, yes I could have put it up for sell here and other places but didnt want to go through the hassles.

cstein
10/24/2006, 07:33 AM
Too bad for your unfortunate experience
I bought a 2001 Proton from CarMax last December. Had it shipped from Las Vegas to DC. One look and I had to buy it. It looked brand new; could not have been in better shape the day it rolled out of the showroom. It only had 26K miles and I"ve added about 4K without a singe problem or complaint. Guess it depends a lot on who you buy from

biju
10/24/2006, 07:42 AM
Best of luck...

-biju.

WormGod
10/24/2006, 09:49 AM
Thats a case of the suck right there. Good luck with the Charger in the snow. ;)

Not to rain on your parade, but I have a friend who fell under the lemon law with his Charger recently. He ended up getting refunded and picked up an Acura TL. Montgomery County Police picked them up as squad cars here too and they are already getting rid of them as well due to some issues (their list is pretty long, so since you bought one, I will spare the possible regret, hehe).

I guess the moral of the story is, nothing is perfect, heh. Sure will miss having another MD VX'er onboard.

Navigator
10/26/2006, 08:53 AM
:_steering Wow, I don't get in here much anymore, but you are the first owner I've seen come and go in a virtual instant :luck:

jacobus
10/26/2006, 11:26 AM
Sorry about the car, I bought my car on E Bay in Delaware and went thru carfax, but more important, I called a local mechanic from the Isuzu dealarship and send him a cheque for $100.00 to have the car completely inspected, from engine to the exterior and when I received his report, I then was satisfied with his findings and bought the car and the car was perfect.
Remember for anyone buying a car from far away, spend a few bucks and get a local mechanic involved, you won't regret it.
cheers everyone

hugabone
10/26/2006, 05:15 PM
:_steering Wow, I don't get in here much anymore, but you are the first owner I've seen come and go in a virtual instant :luck:

I guess I am hard to please.