PDA

View Full Version : Yet another question

gexxo18
10/19/2006, 10:49 AM
So I posted earlier about a '99 VX with 28,000 miles on it. I do believe I am going to bite the bullet and make the purchase. What I wanted to know was, has anyone ever dealt with a Carchex extended warranty? They are giving me a good price (or so it seems) on a 4 year or 100,000 mile warranty. Any responses would be greatly appreciated

WiSDoM
10/19/2006, 05:04 PM
I would read up on the warranty. I have one from a different company for my Vx and they want you to do all kinds of things for the warranty to valid and all oil changes have to be done by a certified mechanic every 3000 miles. You may have to keep all slips to be turned in if something need to be covered by warranty. And if you fail to product slips then warranty if void. so most of the time the warranty means nothing.

but it is worth a look. just my opinion
tchau :)

nfpgasmask
10/20/2006, 09:30 AM
THE WHOLE THING. WORD FOR WORD. I signed up for a similar warranty from another company when I bought my VX. I took it home to read (lots of pages) and there were about a million clauses in there for how THEY could get outta paying for work. Then I went online and did a Better Business Bureau search on the company and found out that they had HUNDREDS of negative complaints. I would search online for the company and make sure you THOROUGHLY read the whole thing.

Most warranties have a clause that you can cancel within 30 days or something. It was a pain, but I canceled mine and saved $3000. It was at that point that I made the conscious decision to:

A) Maintain my VX like it was the last one on earth and if it dies the species will be extinct

B) Learn as much as I can and do all the work I can on it myself

So far I think I am doing ok at both of my goals. I need brakes and wheel bearing repack next.

:) Bart

etlsport
10/20/2006, 09:43 AM
Bart, what company? id like to avoid them.. my isuzu waranty runs out monday :eek:

nfpgasmask
10/20/2006, 09:55 AM
For the life of me, I can't remember. I would have to pull the paperwork from my files, which are still back packed in boxes in Chicago until next week. (yeah, I'm flying back to Chicago to load up a 22' Penske and haul my shiz out to Reno, NOT looking forward to it).

I do remember the company was based out of Boca Raton, FL I think. I'll pull the file next week sometime and post.

Bart

Bart, what company? id like to avoid them.. my isuzu waranty runs out monday :eek:

IndianaVX
10/20/2006, 01:16 PM
i got my warranty from "the guardian warranty corp"
not the most talkitive people, but they didnt mind me swithching to syn. oil.
i got the powertrain coverage, and their standard coverage. its pretty extensive coverage, and in the powertrain coverage, it does cover INTAKE GASKET GASKETS.
the list of componants is pretty thorough.
dont recall what it cost......just threw it in with my payments.lol
anybody know of them. im gonna do like bart and check out the bbb. now that ive had it for 6 months.
david

IndianaVX
10/20/2006, 01:18 PM
just found my stuff
www.guardian-warranty.com
570-414-7777
po box 5068
avoca, PA 18641-0068

tngerman2000
10/21/2006, 08:04 PM
[QUOTE=gexxo18]So I posted earlier about a '99 VX with 28,000 miles on it. first thing your warranty will have you do is go by the manufactured recommended maintenance which will have to be around 32K miles, I would guess this will cost you around 500 Dollars depending on your maintenance schedule. Also make sure that the warranty covers you immediatly some have a 90 day clause built in.