PDA

View Full Version : Ordinary weekly conversation

thedutchguy
10/18/2006, 05:09 AM
Ordinary weekly conversation at the gas station.

Other person: Wow! What a cool looking car! What is it?
Me: It’s a Vehicross.
Other person (Looking at the front now): Is it an Isuzu?
Me: Yeah!
Other person: Looks great!
Other person: Can see it on the inside?
Other person: Wow it’s got leather seats and everything , is that standard?
Other person: .........And you can sit in the back?
Other person: It’s hard to get in the back?
Other person: You can’t see very much when sitting in the back?
Other person: Where did you buy it?
Me: Abroad!
Other person: O.K. thanks for the info!

As you can see, this car really enhances my vocabulary!

IndianaVX
10/18/2006, 07:11 AM
yeah............

Kenny
10/18/2006, 07:38 AM
Funny, I have the same conversations :p .
But sometimes it starts with "What's a V-'chi'cross?"...

nfpgasmask
10/18/2006, 08:10 AM
I still think my favorite to date is, "Is this an '07 model?"

:) Bart

Boogieman
10/18/2006, 12:50 PM
I once got "Hey, I didn't think they were going to be selling these until next February as an '07 model". Not sure what that one was all about.

But, I love the look when I tell 'em they haven't been made for 6 years.

MSHardeman
10/18/2006, 04:57 PM
I've posted this before, but I had a guy say:

"It's good to see that Isuzu is FINALLY catching up, design wise, with everyone else."

This was just a few month ago, and when I told him that it was a 2000 his eyes got really big and his jaw went slack.

GOTTA LOVE IT!!

WormGod
10/19/2006, 06:57 AM
Heard this one this morning at work during the coffee pot gathering....

"G'morning. I notice you are driving your blue car all the time now. What ever happened to that ugly *** vampire frog thing?"

"Shut the !@#$ up. You drive a Beetle."

pbkid
10/19/2006, 07:58 AM
yea i have a buddy who drives a jeep and calls my vx "your ugly car"...then i point out that mine has chrome rims, recaro seats, 215 hp, and better at offroading than his stock cherokee sport...granted i do like his R6 :bgwb:

etlsport
10/19/2006, 08:33 AM
"G'morning. I notice you are driving your blue car all the time now. What ever happened to that ugly *** vampire frog thing?"

"Shut the !@#$ up. You drive a Beetle."

LOL

Jolly Roger VX'er
10/19/2006, 04:56 PM
I had one instance this week:

It was at an automated wash in Erie, PA known as "Splash's Auto Bath-House". All the years I've owned my VX it has almost exclusively been hand washed (by me!) but, after an especially hard day at work and limited time frame, I decided to send her through the Automatic wash and have the interior swept and dash cleaned and tires shined. After selecting the appropriate wash/vacuum package ($13.99) I get a receipt-like slip from an attendant with a blank-like stare and the VX begins her journey (without me at the wheel!) and like an anxious father awaiting the birth of his first child, I wait to see her exit the wash; and when I step up to pay for the deal...the girl at the counter runs my slip through a barcode scanner which says I owe "zero". She tries it again with same result. She then says to have a seat while she consults the manager. He tries to ring up sale and finally says "don't worry about it...the attendant must have made a mistake." I then go to tip the kid finishing up the VX and he has a blank-like stare and asks "what is it?" I answer an ISUZU VehiCROSS while he mouths the words as I say them and he walks away like he is in a trance....lol.