PDA

View Full Version : TOD front wheel indicator lit, under normal operation?

NYVX
10/16/2006, 10:11 AM
Question about TOD......I gather it is NOT normal for 1st segment of 3 on bar indicator always to be lit for front wheels?.....when at constant speed on dry pavement. Am I right to think under normal conditiions no power at all should go to front wheels? (mileage is also worse than average)

noticed this on worn original tires and still same on new larger geolandars 285/60/18....under hard acceleration all briefly flash and then 1st segment stays lit...irrespective of acceleration, 1st segment remains lit until coming to full stop. also notice slight rumble when in drive versus park but with new tires some of the "other" noises disappeared.
thanks for all help

NYVX
10/16/2006, 10:29 AM
call local Isuzu dealer about issue below........Could not believe it... but service refused to tell me if situation was normal, without scheduling an appointment....seems question is simple enough, I did not ask what problem was... simply IF front wheel indicator SHOULD be lit in regular operation....am I missing something here, or is that ridiculous?

etlsport
10/16/2006, 10:32 AM
under normal driving conditions you should have one light lit for the front wheels, the normal torque split is 15 front/ 85 rear when you are moving, when you come to a stop the light for the front should go off, then come back on around 5-10mph

my guess is the guy didnt know what to tell you.. so rather than admit ignorance, he just said he wasnt allowed to tell you

WILLY
10/16/2006, 12:42 PM
YUP NYVX ETLSPORT IS CORRECT,IF YOU READ YOUR MANUAL IT WILL TELL YOU THAT AT AROUND 10 MILES PER HOUR 15 % OF OF THE POWER IS PUT TO THE FRONT WHEELS AND WILL STAY THAT WAY UNLESS A REAR TIRE SLIPS OR YOU LAY THE HAMMER DOWN THEN MORE POWER IS PUT UP FRONT. :eek:

NYVX
10/16/2006, 03:56 PM
thanks guys.....coasted down hill... and it still came on at 10 mph.would of checked manual but...seems "misplaced"...hope to find soon