PDA

View Full Version : Leaking Ironman

certz656
10/13/2006, 08:58 PM
Gotta a leak...... I first noticed it when I washed it after getting it home from Reno. I had just bought it, got it home and cleaned it up the next day. There on the passenger side was a drip coming from behind the glovebox on the far right side of the dash. Then a few day ago we had a rainy day, went out that evening and had a large puddle on the rubber floor mat. I looked further and seen that the leak was coming through the heater motor. tomorow I'm going to pull the vent cover in front of the windshield and see if the drain hole is plugged. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Love the heck out VX, happened to be the one night I didn't put her in the garage, but better to find it now than on the road in a downpour.

Anita
10/14/2006, 07:35 AM
Do a search on "wet carpet" or "wet mat" and you will find many who had the same symptom. I think there was several causes but perhaps it will help narrow down your search.

WILLY
10/15/2006, 01:22 PM
smell it and if it smells like anti-freeze ur heater core is leaking :(

certz656
10/15/2006, 05:33 PM
I know its a water leak coming from above the heater/AC fresh air intake. Took off the plastic cover in front of the windshield, looked down in the air intake and seen where the fresh air intake tube/horn was located and attempted to smear sealer/silicone around the tube, though I could only get to the side closest to the center. The leak comes down into the heaterbox and onto the blower motor, switching from fresh to recirc., pulling/releasing the glove box down the floor, you can see the stream of water coming down into the heaterbox, directly below the fresh air intake. It is extremely difficult to apply sealer around the tube, so far impossible for me to get to the back side without doing some cutting away of sheetmetal, which I really don't want to do. Started to take off the right fender, but realized no access there either. A friend suggests a liquid sealer he used to seal a leak in one of his airplane fuel tanks, about the consistancy a thick shake, I was considering a spray on sealer, so I'll try one or both. I did manage to slow down the leak but not stop it completely. I went on a search as suggested by Anita and found many different areas where a leak may originate, but I'm pretty sure I've located it, its being able to cure it. So any further ideas will be much appreciated.