PDA

View Full Version : Key FOB Problem

Joe Isuzu
10/12/2006, 06:39 PM
Just bought a replacement key FOB off ebay from someone who said it was for their 2000 Vehicross. Mine is also a 2000 but my key FOB looks different. The one I purchased off ebay has three buttons arranged vertically with lock and unlock symbols on top of a red panic button. I've replaced the batteries and followed the instructions listed in this forum, but not a peep from the Vehicross yet. Did I get rooked on this? Does anyone else have a key FOB similar to the one I've described? Thanks for any help you could provide.

etlsport
10/12/2006, 06:46 PM
try to program it again.. programming key fobs is such a complex process usually, sometimes it just clicks, just takes patience.. if you still cant get it, try to have a friend do it.. ive programmed many fobs... just not for the VX

Joe Isuzu
10/12/2006, 07:06 PM
I've actually reprogrammed my A4 twice so I'm familiar with the general process, although the Vehicross' appears easier than the Audi's. I'm just concerned as the key FOB is entirely different than the one I had that works. Also, I'm not getting any response. I've held the green button in for 10-15 seconds or longer along with pressing one of the key FOB buttons. And before anyone asks, yes, the key is in the "on" position as well. :) Before I scrap the Ebay FOB and salvage the batteries, I wanted to know if anyone else had a similar sounding FOB, or did I just buy a FOB never meant for the Vehicross... :(

etlsport
10/12/2006, 07:12 PM
do you have another fob? try reprogramming that too to make sure its not a problem with your alarm, other than that good luck and i hope you didnt get hosed! if you havent already, you can download the keyless entry manual from the downloads section of this site

Joe Isuzu
10/12/2006, 07:16 PM
yes, I've got the original key fob that came with the car when I purchased it. The alarm and original FOB work fine other than the limited range which I'm figuring is indicative of the vehicle itself. I will look at the keyless entry manual you referenced and see if that helps. I don't want to make matters worse and try to reprogram the original FOB just yet. :) Thanks for the input. If anyone else has a FOB similar to the one I've described, please let me know. At least then I will keep working on it.

Moncha
10/12/2006, 08:44 PM
I've not heard of any other fob for the VX, just the 2 button style. Maybe the selleer is just assuming the fobs are all the same...

I still have 2 OEM fobs lying around somewhere after changing to a aftermarket alarm.

Also, for those that haven't seen it or have forgotten about it, here's a little trick to INCREASE THE RANGE (http://www.vehicross.info/modules.php?name=Content&file=viewarticle&id=8) of the OEM system.

thedutchguy
10/13/2006, 02:59 AM
i have alrm and fob lying around also p&p only!

Joe Isuzu
10/17/2006, 07:02 PM
Thanks Moncha, if you could find the remotes and wish to sell them I would be interested, please let me know

Zorak
10/18/2006, 05:09 PM
Just bought a replacement key FOB off ebay from someone who said it was for their 2000 Vehicross. Mine is also a 2000 but my key FOB looks different. The one I purchased off ebay has three buttons arranged vertically with lock and unlock symbols on top of a red panic button. I've replaced the batteries and followed the instructions listed in this forum, but not a peep from the Vehicross yet. Did I get rooked on this? Does anyone else have a key FOB similar to the one I've described? Thanks for any help you could provide.
Is THIS the one you bought?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ORIGINAL-ISUZU-KEYLESS-REMOTE-98-01-VEHICROSS-RODEO_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33723QQihZ016QQit emZ260032293061QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
(this was identified as being for an Axxiom)

Joe Isuzu
10/20/2006, 05:46 PM
Yes, this is the same one. However, I don't get where you say it is "identified as being for an Axxiom". The ad seems clear to me that it is advertised as being a key FOB for a 2000 Vehicross that the seller previously owned. Are you inferring that the ad says that it is identified as being for an Axiom or have you identified the key FOB yourself as being for an Axxiom? I'm anxious to hear your response. Thanks!

Zorak
10/20/2006, 06:52 PM
Go look under 9/20/06 thread titled "anyone want a free keyless remote?"

Joe Isuzu
10/20/2006, 07:14 PM
finally found the thread, took me a while, whew!, guess my computer skills aren't all that good, oh well, caveat emptor I guess
at least now I have my answer, thanks Foxfire, I appreciate your head's up on this
this key fob is useless to me I guess, anyone here want an Axxiom remote?
:)