PDA

View Full Version : Need some info !!!!

farmpro
10/12/2006, 05:49 PM
Hey Guys,Gals !!!!
As a new VX owner,I have a question on the transmission.
Other automatics I've driven in the past seem to freewheel when coasting.
My VX seems to be still engaged until it slows down a bit then I hear a clunk which I think is one of the clutches disconnecting.
I have some maual hubs coming and plan on modifying my TOD so I can run rear wheel drive only when hubs are unlocked.
I'm getting decent mileage 18-19 and performance is good but I can't help but think this transmission staying engaged may be costing me some mileage due to the drag.
Do all VX's do this or just mine ???? Any ideas ???
Also I did a rebadge on mine.I made it into a YAMAHA.
No one knows what it is anyway,so I thought I'd confuse them more.
Thanks for the help.Take care.

etlsport
10/12/2006, 06:09 PM
mine does it too.. thats what makes me able to stand driving an auto, works kinda like engine braking in a manual

MZ-N10
10/13/2006, 11:27 AM
Hey Guys,Gals !!!!
As a new VX owner,I have a question on the transmission.
Other automatics I've driven in the past seem to freewheel when coasting.
My VX seems to be still engaged until it slows down a bit then I hear a clunk which I think is one of the clutches disconnecting.
I have some maual hubs coming and plan on modifying my TOD so I can run rear wheel drive only when hubs are unlocked.
I'm getting decent mileage 18-19 and performance is good but I can't help but think this transmission staying engaged may be costing me some mileage due to the drag.
Do all VX's do this or just mine ???? Any ideas ???
Also I did a rebadge on mine.I made it into a YAMAHA.
No one knows what it is anyway,so I thought I'd confuse them more.
Thanks for the help.Take care.

instead of installin manual hubs(which u could if u wished) u can always cut the light blue wire under the passenger seat. its the front siliniod(sp?) for tod, just be sure to put a load on it so it doesnt throw lights.

nfpgasmask
10/13/2006, 01:53 PM
Speaking of "Engine Braking", can someone explain exactly what that is? I see signs out here in Nevada all the time that say "No Engine Braking".

I'm curious to know what these signs are for and what Engine Braking is exactly. I thought it was like putting your vehicle into a lower gear while you are going downhill but I don't know exactly...

Bart

mine does it too.. thats what makes me able to stand driving an auto, works kinda like engine braking in a manual

nfpgasmask
10/13/2006, 01:56 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Engine_braking

Speaking of "Engine Braking", can someone explain exactly what that is? I see signs out here in Nevada all the time that say "No Engine Braking".

I'm curious to know what these signs are for and what Engine Braking is exactly. I thought it was like putting your vehicle into a lower gear while you are going downhill but I don't know exactly...

Bart

Zorak
10/13/2006, 02:02 PM
instead of installin manual hubs(which u could if u wished) u can always cut the light blue wire under the passenger seat. its the front siliniod(sp?) for tod, just be sure to put a load on it so it doesnt throw lights.

I thought I read on another thread that just cutting that wire will NOT allow the front axle to freewheel? :confused: