PDA

View Full Version : Keeping in touch...

ron
10/11/2006, 02:51 PM
hi guys and gals...

Been a long time since I logged on and checked the forum. Just wanted to let those that were wondering that I'm still around and working on current orders and potential projects for the VX. As some of you may know, I recently returned back to school in pursuit of a different career but still maintaining the VX and Solstice product development to satisfy my creative urges.

So attending two demanding daughters, re-acquainting myself with the educational lifetstyle and expectations has been overtaxing in itself. And in whatever free time I have to spare, work and finish on VX orders.

From a recent conversation with Anita, I told her that I'm planning to develop the side skidplates, chrome (possibly carbon) mirror covers, new center console, and possibly re-introducing a newer version of the front clear fender lenses with the help of good buddy of mine who's an expert in molding. And other items just to name a few.

Please feel free to contact me via e-mail (rudesvx@sbcglobal.net) and I'll try to get back to you at the earliest time possible. Those who are concerned about their pending order, rest assure that you are not forgotten and that I will do my very best to get your order in your hands soon.

Thanks again and I look forward to developing more parts for the VX soon for all y'all.

PS. I've seen about 4 VXs in my neck of the woods (Antioch-Concord, CA area). Man, do I miss mine.

joshsvx
10/11/2006, 03:34 PM
i'll take one of each please!!! lol cn't wait tosee these products.

biju
10/11/2006, 03:39 PM
Thanks Ron. Looking forward to getting the skid plates in the next few weeks!

keep me posted when you do the side skids.

Thanks.

-biju.

WyrreJ
10/13/2006, 10:28 PM
CF mirror covers might be a cool way to add a turn-signal to our mirrors. If you are molding from scratch, you could incorporate a half-inch or so extra space on the bottom for a few amber LEDs.

I've been thinking that it would look really chic to use a translucent material like the stuff they make white plastic cutting boards out of. Put a layer of that with a few side-emitting luxeon LEDs embedded in the middle and you would a real nice uniform glow in 360 degrees. If you use enough LEDs you could even put a darkening tint around it so the white doesn't stand out when the signals are not blinking (although the white would look good on an ironman).

Just an idea that has been kicking around inside my head ever since I shined a laser on my cutting board and saw how amazingly cool it looked all glowing like that.

wekilled
10/14/2006, 04:23 AM
Ron:

Always liked everything I have ever bought from you Skidsx2, clear lenses. I did a great paint job on the raw skids after lots of sanding/painting. Would definitely be interested in raw side skids and a center console that makes some sort of sense compared to what we have now. The more ergonomic/organic looking the better to match the exterior.

Other Ideas(as if you have more time, right) molded roof with integrated overhead console, triple guage A pillar, a replacement for the inside tire access panel that has bins/areas to put stuff. (Some of these I am messing with in sketches now and working when I get home).

Unfortunately I cant web-surf your site because it is blocked here in Iraq. Thanks to the .info domain I can get in here still.

-Doug

Moncha
10/14/2006, 12:52 PM
Rudy,
ESPECIALLY the console! I would love to have a new style, function.
The mirror covers would be very nice with the inclusion of a turn signal. I have been working on a way to add to the OEM mirrors since I got my VX. Even if it wasn't a "full" cover, but a way to include a signal add on would be cool.. Maybe I could send you a couple of ideas and you could see if they would be possible.

kpaske
10/15/2006, 05:42 AM
- Two thumbs up for a new center console and A-Pillar gauges.

- I would probably consider mirrors with turn signals, but I don't want chrome or carbon fiber. Flat black or unpainted would suit me just fine.

- The headliner console and rear door cover ideas wekilled mentioned sound interesting. I too had thought about designing something to utilize the space in my rear door, but I wound up stuffing two 12" subs and a huge amp in there. :)

- Clear signal covers are really cool, and I will most likely buy some when you do the redesign if the cost isn't too outrageous.

Thanks for all your hard work! ;Db;