PDA

View Full Version : TOD problem

Mark Buddha
04/28/2003, 02:32 PM
Please can anybody out there help. I am based in England where there are only a handful of Vehicross' in the country.

My vehicle will not run in TOD mode. When I engage TOD the transmission throws all the power up front and it dorps into low dirve. In two wheel drive mode also it feels as though it is locking the rear dif if I try to accelerate whilst the steering wheel is turned even slightly.

The car also has uneven wear on the front tyres and pulls strongly to the left.

Please help.

Thanks

Mark

Moncha
04/28/2003, 02:38 PM
You're not using the little lever next to the gear selector are you?

That is only to be used for 4x4 low.. The US Spec. don't have a TOD Switch ours runs all the time...

Mark Buddha
04/28/2003, 02:54 PM
Thanks for the rapid response. Yes the little lever in the Japanese car has 2 wheel drive, TOD and low 4 wheel drive modes.

The car can shift from 2 wheel drive to TOD on the move up to 50 mph.

Do you know were I can get a manual on this Japanese car??

Thanks

mark

David Wiltshire
04/29/2003, 01:40 PM
Hi Mark.

I am a fellow U.K. Japanese spec VX owner I have found it easier to shift into the N position then apply changes to the drive i.e. going into low ratio Only when staionary!) I'm not sure if this helps your problem. I have found a mine of information from this site and initially contacted Scott who runs the Moncha site which gave me a lot of info on the VX

The other U.K. owner I have contacted is Sam.

Best regards
David Wiltshire.

MrCrowley
04/29/2003, 04:57 PM
This may be a longshot, but maybe your tires worn unevenly may cause the TOD to think tires are going at different speeds ie. one "spinning" even though its not. Ive noticed lately that instead of 2 light bars coming on at a dead stop acceleration run, now all 3 come on. on dry pavement. I think its from tire wear on mine.

Mark Buddha
04/30/2003, 12:54 PM
Thanks for all the replies, I have booked the car in for front to rear wheel tracking and alignment and will then replace all the tyres.

Does anyone have the wheel alignment data for this car???

Mark