PDA

View Full Version : Quick! Save $.03 Now!!!

biju
10/10/2006, 06:55 AM
Here's a used VX grill assy (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1999-2001-Isuzu-VehiCross-Used-OEM-FRONT-GRILLE_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33645QQihZ010QQi temZ200035412592QQrdZ1) on eBay for $249.95.

New from isuzuparts.com it's $249.98.

I know parts are/will be rare - but a USED part for $.03 less than new? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: I'm not that worried now, but when used parts (not accessories) go for more than new I'll start to worry a little....

-biju.

Zorak
10/10/2006, 07:38 AM
Agree that the ebay seller's price is high--but he may get a bid; there are a lot of not-so-knowledgeable bidders out there.

Btw, the price at isuzuparts.com is only for the grille assembly itself; it does not include the "fangs" or the highly sought-after Isuzu nameplate, both of which the ebay piece has.

And the fact that the part is shown on isuzuparts.com with a price does not guarantee that it is still available: I have ordered several parts from them which were backordered, and some of which (accessories, mostly) that were no longer available at all, even though they still show them on their website.

biju
10/10/2006, 07:46 AM
it does not include the "fangs" or the highly sought-after Isuzu nameplate, both of which the ebay piece has.

Not to be too picky, but the grill assy from isuzuparts.com does have the isuzu emblem. However, I did not know the fangs would be separate from the entire assembly. That's strange... In fact, I don't see the fangs on the web site. What's the deal with that? - not to hijack my own thread, but has anybody had issues ordering new fangs?

I've also ordered quite a few parts from isuzuparts.com, and am still waiting (months after the fact) to get them. However, if I had my choice between new and used (for the same price) I personally wouldn't mind the wait...

-biju.

Triathlete
10/10/2006, 08:00 AM
A penny saved is a penny earned! ;Dy; :laughing: :rotate:

Zorak
10/10/2006, 08:10 AM
Don't know what picture you are looking at, but the one I saw on isuzuparts.com shows the grille without the nameplate, which is $25.83 by itself.
Here's the info on the "fangs", but again, no guarantee that they are still available. I am trying to overcome my tendency to "better buy some now while you can still get them, just in case I need them later"--that's how I end up with a whole garageful of stuff that I never use. ;)

Part Number Search Results : OEM Catalog
Item Number MSRP Core Price Price
2901409010 $50.46 $0.00 $38.05

FRONT GRILLE IN

etlsport
10/10/2006, 08:21 AM
if anyone is looking for the front isuzu name plate, ive got mine, pulled off in one piece, then i repainted all the black surface, looks like new, ill post pics if anyone wants it

biju
10/10/2006, 08:23 AM
really?

i ordered (seems like months ago) grill assy, front & rear cladding (thanks to CoZu this summer), and body weather strip for both driver and passenger doors. Still haven't seen any of them... when I found the grill on ebay that prompted this (pseudo sarcastic) thread. yolks on me I guess...

back to the point - the bloke I spoke with on the phone when i ordered said the emblem came with the assy. i guess i'll find out whenever they arrive. *sigh.

good info on the fangs, but I'll wait to get the package until I order. that way I'll have a clearer picture of what's needed.

Billy: you are wise.

-biju.

VX4EJR
10/10/2006, 09:52 AM
OK, just wondering....how did you find this Ebay auction?
I did a search in Ebay using auction title keyword "vehicross" to show everything, this one doesn't come up.

:confused:

Zorak
10/10/2006, 10:52 AM
Look under Buy It Now section in Vehicross category.