PDA

View Full Version : Taking the plundge

curtains
10/08/2006, 01:12 PM
Well I know some of you might think I'm crazy but I can't wait any longer so I just put a deposit down on a 2001 all black exterior and black and grey interior VX with 80,000 miles for $13.000, It was the secound time I looked at it and its whistle clean inside and out everything works it just had two tiny chips on the windshield that they are gonna fix and before I pay for it I wanted a print out of the service done to it and a mechanic to check off everything important belts, trannie, brakes...So unless I see something else I don't like on it I'll pick it up later on this week....
Got any adivce on what to look at that I may have missed?

LittleBeast
10/08/2006, 01:30 PM
Check to see if the back rotors/pads look like they might have axle fluid on them. If they do you are looking at about $800 per side to pull the axles and replace the seals.

curtains
10/08/2006, 03:17 PM
Check to see if the back rotors/pads look like they might have axle fluid on them. If they do you are looking at about $800 per side to pull the axles and replace the seals.
Hmmm! is that a common ploblem? if so why? I never hear of that on any car I ever bought.... :)

tngerman2000
10/08/2006, 03:50 PM
have changed the timing belt(450 Dollars) and greased wheel bearings,
double check drivers and passenger side window and of course the 6 changer cd player

Mikeys00vx
10/08/2006, 06:28 PM
I posted my 2000 Foxfire VX for sale tonite. 49k $13,500 OBO..check out the post for all the details! Thanks

Michael

nfpgasmask
10/09/2006, 07:26 AM
Wow, that is expensive for 80,000 miles....

Good luck,

Bart

Well I know some of you might think I'm crazy but I can't wait any longer so I just put a deposit down on a 2001 all black exterior and black and grey interior VX with 80,000 miles for $13.000, It was the secound time I looked at it and its whistle clean inside and out everything works it just had two tiny chips on the windshield that they are gonna fix and before I pay for it I wanted a print out of the service done to it and a mechanic to check off everything important belts, trannie, brakes...So unless I see something else I don't like on it I'll pick it up later on this week....
Got any adivce on what to look at that I may have missed?