PDA

View Full Version : The weirdest time you ever...

tbigity
10/07/2006, 08:08 PM
Ok, being VX owners, we all have several unifying traits. One of them no doubt is that we get asked (almost to an annoying extent) questions about our vehicles. You can sense them coming...they walk slowly, chattering to their companions about it, making wild assumptions of false statements in an attempt to impress their amigos. You know they are going to ask. So...what is the weirdest instance of someone asking you about your VX or ntoiceably gawking at it? Since I am a new vx owner, I dont have many, but I have a couple funny ones:

Construction traffic...it was morning rush hour and I was in the construction zone just outside my office. There were a number of large trucks entering and exiting the road so there were the omnipresent-at-construction-site "sign holders." This one in particular was a bit enamored by my prot. In fact, his sign-holdage began to fumble as he nearly caused a asphalt-spreader to smash stopped traffic because he was staring with a half-dropped jaw.

The other was at a stoplight. I was with my wife, having a discussion, when I caught a glimpse of a guy who was staring at the prot from the corner of his eye. His curiousness got the best of him and his casual glimpsing turned into a full 90-degree-seat-turning experience. When I noticed him doing this rather ostentatiously, I pointed it out to my wife. He realized he had been made, he rolled his chrome-tinted windows up so as to lose us behind the reflection. The great part was, as his window ascended above his eyes, he rose out of his seat, his eyes staying just above his window so as to get the longest look at the VX until *smack* his head reached the ceiling of his truck.

Cudn't help but laugh at the poor guy. :-)

ZEUS
10/07/2006, 11:51 PM
http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=8217&referrerid=1999

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=8270&referrerid=1999

You might find these threads entertaining.

tbigity
10/10/2006, 09:25 AM
thanks man...good for laughs. I love how so many people will try to act like they know exactly what it is just to make it seem like they know stuff. What is the point of that?

The most refreshing one that I got was a "I know you get this all the time, but what is it?" For some reason, his preface made it a more agreeable question. He must have had a weird vehicle in the past to know the torture we go through. It's rough being sexy, ya know? The price we pay for the love of our trucks!

ZEUS
10/10/2006, 04:12 PM
My favorite is the kind of guy so enthralled with what he sees but still tries to act like he didn't even notice it! I have caught many tough guys doing that. I think they are homophobes or something - I feel like saying, "It's OK to look you know, it's not like you are checking out my butt, dude; it's just a car!" Then there is the stoner with a staring problem who almost wrecks his car and has to laugh about it.

Actually, the best is the girls... yep, definitely the girls who flash the smiles - of course I get that all the time! Yeah right! Who am I kidding; I never get that kind of treatment outside the VX!!! I'll say it again - chicks dig it!

tbigity
10/11/2006, 09:50 AM
i have found that women dont really notice it much. Usually young - middle-aged caucasion males in my experience.

Regarding those that wont admit to liking it:

I was at teh golf club the other day...pretty nice place. Jags n benzs verywhere. I pulled up to the VX and unloaded my clubs. The guy I was there with was in a seperate cart and drove to down the lot to his car. There was a foursome that was finsihing their round gabbing behind me. You could tell they were trying to be discreet about it...couldn't admit that they liked someone else's ride, they are rich, dangit! They don't do that :rolleyes:

After I drove away, my friend who I golfed with called me and said that they, not knowing he and I were together and that he was listening, uproared about...making fun guesses as to what it was, saying how they'd like one just to play around with. Oh yeah!

VehiX
10/11/2006, 12:34 PM
I'll skip past all the wierd encounters I've been involved with since buying my VX in 2001 as I've already contiributed to the links above in a previous post.

The best thing personally for me.... is when I'm just driving down the street and some one is walking, running, standing etc. on the side of the road as I drive by.

I usually give a quick check in the side view mirror and ALWAYS find em' rubber neckin!!!

It feels good to own a vehicle that makes people do that...regardless if they like the VX or not :)

-x-
10/11/2006, 12:42 PM
Most recent was on my way home, there is a ferrari, masserati dealership around the corner so I spot em all the time (love the fact i see those cars more than i see any other vx!) any who two corperate looking fellows following my truck with that wow stare all the whilst in their Ferrari F430...wouldnt mind trading for the weekend on that one....x