PDA

View Full Version : Uneven tire wear

Ruflyf
10/07/2006, 06:49 AM
I just noticed this morning I am getting uneven tire wear on the front, little worse on the drivers side. Anyway its wearing the outside of the tire more than the inside. Does anyone know of any shops that still do lifetime alignments? I had one with Sears and Firestone on past cars but if I remember correctly they dont offer lifetime any longer.

colmhd
11/20/2006, 11:44 AM
I had that for a while but had the tracking checked and it went away.
Until two weeks ago when I hit a pot hole doing about 55, on a new set of tyres and lo and behold it came back slightly more wear on the front left/drivers side wheel.
The diagnosis for this new mess is a new shock.
I would check the toe in and the tracking.

nfpgasmask
11/20/2006, 02:29 PM
I had this problem too and an alignment seems to have helped. What is a "lifetime" alignment?

Bart

Ruflyf
11/20/2006, 07:20 PM
"lifetime" alignment is basically a regular alignment a shop offers except you can get it redone anytime for the rest of the time you own the vehicle for free. Usually it costs about twice as much, but after two alignments its paid for. Firestone and Tire Kingdom do them.

VCAMILO
11/20/2006, 07:47 PM
In the last few months I have noticed the same problem... I currently have 61k miles, three inch lift, and Nitto tires. So, is the solution an alignment? new shocks? or could it be something else...

Ldub
11/20/2006, 07:59 PM
In my experience (4 long years, "hands on" in the tire biz) uneven wear is either:

1 Alignment

2 Worn front end parts (ball joints, tie rod ends, shocks to a lesser degree)

3 Balance of the tire/ wheel