PDA

View Full Version : vehicross emblem?

curtains
10/06/2006, 08:52 PM
Why is it on some VX's I don't see the emblems on the sides and the ISUZU on the back :confused:

Anita
10/06/2006, 09:05 PM
Lot's of owners hate that big Isuzu advertisement so with dental floss and patience they take it off. They love the mystique of having a debadged VX.

nocturnalVX
10/06/2006, 09:11 PM
This is an easy one...

The VehiCROSS and ISUZU badges have been removed by some owners for a number of reasons (animosity towards ISUZU, cleaner looks, stealth/mystery, etc.). Do a search for de-badging & you'll see. One of my VehiCROSS badges is starting to peel, so I may go stealth too... we shall see. I love that people would have even less idea what my VX is if I did that!

I have to learn to type faster... way to beat me to the reply Anita! :wave:

etlsport
10/07/2006, 03:32 AM
nocturnal, if you do end up debadging, let me know how it goes, the rear isuzu is all thats left of the isuzu logos (front and wheels are gone now) and i really want to remove it, but dont want to end up with ghost lettering, so im curious to see how much your paint has faded

curtains
10/07/2006, 06:03 AM
nocturnal, if you do end up debadging, let me know how it goes, the rear isuzu is all thats left of the isuzu logos (front and wheels are gone now) and i really want to remove it, but dont want to end up with ghost lettering, so im curious to see how much your paint has faded

Thats a good idea, now I know why I saw a VX that someone removed the logo's and put Porsche on it. But I don't know if I would do that then when someone asks you about it you look like an ******* telling them it really isn't. :eek:

jacobus
10/07/2006, 10:06 AM
I used a hairdryer, and you can peel it off very easily, grab a corner with your nails and keep applying the heat and SLOWLY peel.
good luck

etlsport
10/07/2006, 10:54 AM
yea there are actually a lot of VXs that have had emblems from other makes put on there, ive seen porsche, ferarri, mercedes, chevy, maserati probably a couple others.. but cant remember what else

johnnyapollo
10/07/2006, 03:32 PM
Don't forget the Yugo-cross...

-- John

Triathlete
10/07/2006, 05:12 PM

-- John

Thats just wrong! :noy: :noo: :nor:

Ldub
10/07/2006, 05:19 PM

-- John

What Billy said x 10

Also, even if you tried, how could you forget the "yUgoCroSS" :mad:

tbigity
10/07/2006, 07:10 PM
i've got a debadged VX and couldn't imagine it any other way. I can't go anywhere without someone asking me "what is that thing?" I know we all get it, but at least when they ask you about a debadged VX they have NO idea and they're not just asking it because they've never seen it before.

on the subject: does anyone else get this alot? --> "Man, those havent been out long, have they?" or "are you the first one to have one of these around here?" EVERYONE seems to think that they are like an 08 model since the styling is so aggressive and progressive

etlsport
10/07/2006, 07:52 PM
yup! when i was down in VA camping i was loadin up the VX to go home and i had a lady in a rodeo stop behind me and start yellin from the road 'hey is that yours!?' when i told her it was she started telling me that she and her husband had been looking at it all week and that they really liked it and then told me the story of how she had an explorer that died on her and got a rodeo for a rental then had to go buy one and now she was lookin for another isuzu and that she was excited about the 'new' vehicross... she was a little disappointed when i told her mine was an 01 and one of the later models

nfpgasmask
10/07/2006, 08:48 PM
Hey, I debadged when I got mine last May. I took all the badges off with a hair dryer and some dental floss. It was not difficult, a little painful on the fingers, but not difficult.

Once I got the badges off, there was some residue, which I think was actually just dirt that had piled up around the badges over the years. The first thing I did after I debadged was to wash the VX thoroughly, then I used a clay bar to remove the chunks of residue. This took some time, but in the end it took off all the crud. Then, I was left with a little ghosting. And in my case, the worst spot was on the left side, where the big logo was. The rear ISUZU logo ghosting became almost completely invisible after about 5 washings. The 3.5 L logo ghostings were gone almost instantly after the clay bar and a wash or two. It was the side logos that gave me trouble.

Anyway, long story short, last week I Zymoled my entire VX, and now I pretty much can't see ANYTHING. I mean, I would have to move my head around in direct sunlight to even make out a hint of what might have been a little ghosting. My point? The ghosting is basically 100% gone now.

So debadge away!!!! Nocturnal, I can't believe you haven't debadged already, being a goth-meister and all in your Ebony!!!

IMHO, if you have an Ebony or a PROTON, you DEFINITELY should debadge!

:0 Bart

PS - Look at my website for some pics of my debadged VX.

Ldub
10/08/2006, 04:57 AM
Bart,

Your VX Madness link is broken...FYI

nocturnalVX
10/08/2006, 04:37 PM
So debadge away!!!! Nocturnal, I can't believe you haven't debadged already, being a goth-meister and all in your Ebony!!!

Well Bart, it seems I am one of those VXers that is proud to own (and show off) the coolest ISUZU 4x4. Hell, I've even still got the 2 Moab Zu' Zoo stickers on the VX! You can see them in my pics. Yup, it's an ISUZU. Family to the Trooper, Rodeo, and Amigo... all great off-roaders, not just grocery getters. The only reason I am considering de-badging at all is due to the peeling problem. When, & if, I debadge my VehiCROSS I may wish I'd done it long ago, but for now it's a rolling tribute to ISUZU and a kick in the jewels to Jeep.
:_beer:

Chopper
10/08/2006, 05:58 PM
the area on the back door "becomes" larger and clumsy looking, and the half-moon camera mount (with no camera) becomes more of an oddity, when you pull the letters off. Shaving the half moon would help some. That spot always looks so naked, to my eye, with the ISUZU off... and I'm certainly not gonna stick someone elses name on there. I notice alot of people struggling with the "Vehicross" as if it were a Welsh word, most get it wrong...but then this is Florida. Seems to me this car is already somewhat unknown even with the badges but Isuzu in many minds equals Suzuki/Kia/that sort of thing.

nfpgasmask
10/09/2006, 07:12 AM
Fixed! Sorry, I changed it in my profile but forgot my sig...

Thanks for letting me know.

Bart

Bart,

Your VX Madness link is broken...FYI

nfpgasmask
10/09/2006, 07:13 AM
That's cool. I didn't debadge because I have anything against Isuzu, I just love the all black uniform look. It just becomes so stealthy...

:) Bart

PS - Here! Here! for kicking Jeep in the nads. If I wasn't obcessed with keeping my VX all black, I would put a sticker on the back that says:

"You're right, I DON'T understand"

Well Bart, it seems I am one of those VXers that is proud to own (and show off) the coolest ISUZU 4x4. Hell, I've even still got the 2 Moab Zu' Zoo stickers on the VX! You can see theme in my pics. Yup, it's an ISUZU. Family to the Trooper, Rodeo, and Amigo... all great off-roaders, not just grocery getters. The only reason I am considering de-badging at all is due to the peeling problem. When, & if, I debadge my VehiCROSS I may wish I'd done it long ago, but for now it's a rolling tribute to ISUZU and a kick in the jewels to Jeep.
:_beer:

nfpgasmask
10/09/2006, 07:18 AM
That's funny how you say people struggle with the word. When I went to the parts yard to pick up that windshield for Biju, the guy behind the counter yelled to a guy in the back, "You got that windshield for the VeRRyCross ready?" with a thick southern accent. It made me chuckle.

Bart

the area on the back door "becomes" larger and clumsy looking, and the half-moon camera mount (with no camera) becomes more of an oddity, when you pull the letters off. Shaving the half moon would help some. That spot always looks so naked, to my eye, with the ISUZU off... and I'm certainly not gonna stick someone elses name on there. I notice alot of people struggling with the "Vehicross" as if it were a Welsh word, most get it wrong...but then this is Florida. Seems to me this car is already somewhat unknown even with the badges but Isuzu in many minds equals Suzuki/Kia/that sort of thing.

WormGod
10/09/2006, 07:19 AM
Wouldnt have been so bad if the emblem wasnt large enough to see by aircraft.

VCrossfan
10/09/2006, 08:11 AM
Another Choice

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/515/thumbs/rear_badge_1.JPG (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/515/rear_badge_1.JPG)

Pghachey
10/09/2006, 09:22 AM
:cool: I didn't have much choice in taking off the rear "ISUZU" logo, as it was already removed when I bought my VX in January. Since I'm a huge Iowa Hawkeye fan, I put a nice "HAWKEYES" decal where the Isuzu was. I dressed it up with a couple of TigerHawk logos (just like the football team have on their helmets) on either side. It fits perfect, sorry I don't have any pictures to share, and most people around here compliment my loyalties. ;)
It is HAWKEYE country, someday more people will recognize us as one of the premiere college sports programs in the country, both men and women. Sorry about the rambling, I just got done putting my new WeatherTech window visors on and I'm kinda excited. Someday I will get ahold of a digital camera and put some pictures of my Kaiser on here. Your mods are all great, in my opinion.

Chopper
10/09/2006, 05:16 PM
Yeah, that might be the best solution I've seen. Maybe if the Vehicross were in some sort of script... I keep meaning to order one of the titanium VXs (VXes?) That is a brilliant solution, now if we could come up with one so elegantly simple for the back. Wayne

nfpgasmask
10/09/2006, 08:03 PM
Get one of those Titanium VX badges while you can, they are A LOT nicer than you would think. It really looks nice next to the fangs also, matches perfectly...

Bart

Yeah, that might be the best solution I've seen. Maybe if the Vehicross were in some sort of script... I keep meaning to order one of the titanium VXs (VXes?) That is a brilliant solution, now if we could come up with one so elegantly simple for the back. Wayne