PDA

View Full Version : Paint chipped on hood insert. Need help.

Dumke
10/04/2006, 08:09 AM
OK well when I bought my vx and the paint chip didnt bother me as much because hey I had a vx and no one could take it away... Well the bank could if I failed to make a payment but that was beside the point.. Well my delima is I have a paint chip, well 2 of them on the hood insert. Its basically @ the edge where the hood meets the insert @ the front. I was wondering if anyone knew how to fix or if had to buy a new hood insert or just live with the war wound? I tried looking on forums but some reason maybe I am not a good searcher and somone could pm me with tips on better search tools...

edit: spelling... I am sure there are more mistakes but I dond have a engrish major

etlsport
10/04/2006, 08:14 AM
lots of people have painted theirs now, seems to be a pretty good option.. or rhino lining, i dont think theres a way to actually get rid of the chip, you could probably lessen how much it stands out by coloring in the white with something closer to the insert color

maxw
10/04/2006, 08:28 AM
One other temporizing solution is that , if they are not too big, Turtle Wax has a color matching wax. It comes with a "lipstick" which you apply to the cip and basically fills it with a black/grey compound. let it dry, smooth it up with the wax and it looks pretty good!
Max.

rowhard
10/04/2006, 08:36 AM
Another choice if their small enough but to big for the turtle wax lipstick is to remove the insert and blend them out with some fine sandpaper, wet and dry 600/800 grit, prime it with some rattle can primer, a little glazing puddy to fill, again lightly sand, prime and repaint with rattle can flat black or any other color you want. Warm the rattle can in some hot water, will flow better. All depends how far you want to go with it.

Dumke
10/04/2006, 08:44 AM
Thanks all I apceiate the input. Ya I knew I couldnt get "rid" of chip but was contempating painting or seeing I guess what others have done... I guess I worded my question wrong.. i told you I didnt have a degree in enish :)

edit::: Oh yes I forgot... U know who has their's rhino linned or painted??? The hood insert that is so I can check out there gallery if they have pictures posted... That or point me in rigth direction.

etlsport
10/04/2006, 09:23 AM
xcross69 has some shots of his lined insert posted
i know spazz bedlined his whole VX... you could talk to him and maybe do the insert yourself.. save some $$... i think biju bedlined his sub box too? not sure though

Tone
10/04/2006, 04:29 PM
I had a local body shop mix me up a small bit of touchup paint. Bedliner would be ideal though especially if they could shoot a dull finish.

evorent
10/04/2006, 05:35 PM
Tone can you pm me your phone nr ?!