PDA

View Full Version : Trim Shine & Cleaner Wax!

nfpgasmask
10/03/2006, 10:32 AM
This stuff ROCKS for our cladding:

TRIM SHINE (http://www.trimshine.com/)

I found it at the Summit Racing store (yes, they have one here in Reno!!!) for only $3.99. Look at my pics from Pyramid Lake in this thread, I sprayed the cladding with this stuff about 4 hours prior:

PYRAMID LAKE (http://vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?threadid=9633)

Also last night I gave my VX a detailing with this:

http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/P/B0002JN510.01-ADG953YR6NRBF._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

It took out all the swirl marks, water stains and most of the debadging cloudiness. It really works! And to think I was gonna PAY someone to do this?!?!?!

Bart

rowhard
10/03/2006, 10:50 AM
Zymol is a good product,... if you don't mind doing it every 3 months

nfpgasmask
10/03/2006, 11:10 AM
Zymol is a good product,... if you don't mind doing it every 3 months

Well, it really didn't take that long to wax the VX, It took me about 30 minutes to wash, and then about an hour or so to wax. As long as you have enough clean microfiber cloths, it goes pretty quick. I spent a little extra time on the trouble areas (where I debadged) and I am very happy with the results. And man, that stuff smells great too!!! That the nice thing about the Trim Shine too, it take about 5 minutes to cover all the cladding and your done.

Bart

IndianaVX
10/03/2006, 11:41 AM
bart,
how was the "control" on the trim spray?? did it get all over the paint? know what i mean?? questions questions...... just wondering if then, waxing the paint, does this product mess with it. am i makin sense here? i am about hooked on the meguire endurance, and the curved tire wipes. oh, and does your trim spray, the stoner product, attract dust,bugs, refegerators, etc. like many wipe on products do???
thanks man,
david

IndianaVX
10/03/2006, 11:47 AM
by the way, your vx is looking great, with the new backgrounds, although to me, the truck looked kinda sad.... like it wanted to climb around on that hill behind it.....:yesy: lol

nfpgasmask
10/03/2006, 12:13 PM
Hey David, the control is great. The only hard part is the half moon on the tailgate which is small. But, if you get a little overspray on the paint, it just wipes off. But basically, if you move smooth and quick, you can spray nice lines across the top of the cladding. And don't spray too close, otherwise it will build up. I drove out to the dusty wasteland here in Nevada a few hours later and the only dust build up was behind the wheel wells, so it is not like Back To Black and is alot easier to use, and cheaper. Bugs wipe right off if you drive through a cloud of flies.

Bart

bart,
how was the "control" on the trim spray?? did it get all over the paint? know what i mean?? questions questions...... just wondering if then, waxing the paint, does this product mess with it. am i makin sense here? i am about hooked on the meguire endurance, and the curved tire wipes. oh, and does your trim spray, the stoner product, attract dust,bugs, refegerators, etc. like many wipe on products do???
thanks man,
david

nfpgasmask
10/03/2006, 12:16 PM
LOL thanks. Yeah, since I am still running street tires, I didn't want to go nuts out there. There were some guys blasting around in their jeeps at the time, but I need to wait until I get my off road shoes put on. Probably within the next month or so.

Bart

by the way, your vx is looking great, with the new backgrounds, although to me, the truck looked kinda sad.... like it wanted to climb around on that hill behind it.....:yesy: lol