PDA

View Full Version : VX's, Washington I-5 corridor

rowhard
10/03/2006, 08:25 AM
The other day, someone said they wanted to check out a VX in Oregon and Ldub suggested a advance search for owners in Oregon. I thought cool, let me do the same for Washington State, WOW, and to think you never see one. We have a new RAM restaurant here in Olympia and it is really cool to drive in and watch heads turn on a Friday night. Now I know the rains are coming, but was thinking a lunch together along the I-5 corridor with our beloved VX's could be fun. Maybe Federal Way, somewhere half way for us in the North Sound and South Sound, and of course anyone that wants to commute farther for lunch.

what say??? :_beer:

kpaske
10/03/2006, 12:02 PM
I'm game. If you like the "RAM", there are locations in Lakewood, Puyallup and Tacoma also. The Tacoma location is right on the waterfront and might provide a good photo shoot opportunity if the planets align correctly (and the parking lot isn't too full ;)). But Olympia, or really any of them would be good for me. I'd love to meet up with some other local VXers!!!

I really like the way the diesel VW owners have regular mod and maintenance get-togethers. I just recently bought a Jetta TDI and attended one of these - there were folks there doing all sorts of maintenance and upgrades and just checking out each other's rides. I don't have a huge property or tons of tools or anything, but I'd be willing to host a small gtg in the near future if anyone were interested in hanging out and doing basic maintenance and such.

rowhard
10/03/2006, 12:49 PM
Cool, the Ram was just a 'what happen to me' story. Anywhere that has a big parking lot, nice backdrop that is easy to find for everyone, and was thinking centrally located. I know the weather gods probably won't be on our side, but what the heck, it's Washington, the Evergreen State

rowhard
10/04/2006, 10:57 AM
Well Kpaske, it's looking like just you and me and I would be happy to buy a U.S. Army Ranger lunch.