PDA

View Full Version : headlight fix, yet another

IndianaVX
10/02/2006, 09:18 PM
i did a headlight buff a couple of months ago, and its about time i do a write up. very inexpensive, great results, and (reason for my delay) after 3 months, the lens still looks good, great.
mine went from this:

to this...

i will have to find the product box, and take some pics of it, but i already have pics for a step by step. its a combo of several steps. the pics dont really show how bad my lenses were. i had the usual curroding, but i also had many fine "cracks" so to speak. the meguires lens polish was just the final, final step.
will post all this real soon if anyone is interested. other wise, it will be there for the search function.
:?:

david

VXD959
10/03/2006, 02:20 PM
Write up please?

SkidPlate
10/03/2006, 04:45 PM
I would definatly be interested in a writeup. My headlamps are in pretty bad shape.

I was thinking about picking up a small polisher, since this seems a little bigger than what a Dremel can handle.

What do you think of this? Overkill for this project...

http://www.toolbarn.com/images//eagle/rc7106-k.jpg

IndianaVX
10/03/2006, 06:09 PM
looks like money that could be spent somewhere else on the vx!!!! im sure its a good set up and all, but if you got a cordless drill, your halfway there.ill get to work on it, not sure how to post pics at the end of sentences. like my first post, the pics were at the bottom, not at the end of my sentence or "step"
ill figure it out. ill go get my camera, and box now. and get to work on it:smack:

IndianaVX
10/03/2006, 06:11 PM
by the way, i was looking at the pics i posted, and the lenses actually look better than the photos, i think,....it could be my video card on the puter.
thats all.

Moncha
10/17/2006, 08:25 PM
Here's the LINK (http://www.vehicross.info/modules.php?name=Content&file=viewcategory&cid=2) to your new write-up

pbkid
10/18/2006, 11:23 AM
great writeup guys...check it out...

nfpgasmask
10/18/2006, 12:52 PM
Ok, now I have yet ANOTHER weekend project to perform on my VX. Nice write up indeed.

Thanks,

Bart

VehiX
10/19/2006, 05:27 AM
Great write up! Thanks for the tips and how to on this :)

Mine are looking pretty bad right now.

vrsvx
10/19/2006, 11:18 AM
I bought that exact looking kit from my Cornwell tool guy for $139.95 but I did get a free Cornwell tool t-shirt?
I also bought the plastic polsih kit $39.95 with the polish and microfiber towel and I plan to polish mine this weekend.
Great write up though!

Mark B
10/19/2006, 01:38 PM
After reading your write up, I noticed my lens need polishing.
Thanks for sharing the information. I will add this project to my list.