PDA

View Full Version : max wheel and tire size??

mnsnutn
09/29/2006, 09:45 AM
With the 3" 912 spring and torsion bar lift, is it possible to fit a 20x10 wheels with 33"-35" tires on a VX?

I've seen the photo of the yellow VX with 20x 9.5 wheels and 295/45/20's but I'm looking for a more agressive tire.

Thanks in advance.

Ldub
09/29/2006, 09:59 AM
Sure, no problem...as long as you don't turn & just keep going in a straight line. ;)

Triathlete
09/29/2006, 11:50 AM
You sure can...

...how skilled are you with a sawzall, plasma cutter and a BFH? :smack:
;Dy;

mnsnutn
09/29/2006, 12:48 PM
Thanks...after I posted the question I dug a little deeper into the site and now see that 33's are about the max.

SPAZZ
09/29/2006, 07:40 PM
I have the equal of 34x12.5x17's and I think that you could put 35x12.5x17 and that the Max tire size is the 35x12.5's and whatever your choice of rim size as long as you keep it at 35x12.5
just make sure you crank the Tbars high enough, have front and rear bump stop extensions, and drop the front axle brackets to relieve the stress off the CV angles or you will have alot of breakage. I also added the Calmini Springs which give a full 3" lift, but sg too much. So, you must put EXTRA EXTRA EXTRA STIFF STIFF shocks in the rear. So, I went to Doetch tech and had a special set of dual reservoir nitrogen rebuildable extra long rear shocks built just for this reason. Keep the front stock shocks as they are perfectly long enough for the job. You will never get enough droop out of your Lower control arms unless you got special cv's made. Which is possible. You wouldn't believe how much more travel our Lower control arms could go if our suspension would allow it to.

Be careful on how high you crank the Tbars as if you go too high you will get too stiff of a response and the oposite effect of what you want when you hit bumps and you will not have the control you want. So, go only up about a little over 3 1?2 inches of lift over stock total...no higher. Then add the drop down brackets. I cranked my Tbars to 4"s and they are too stiff and do not handle well at all on bumpy roads at a very fast speed at all...we are talking like 15 mph .

oh yeah...and do alot of cutting and banging with a BFH!!!! :p