PDA

View Full Version : My VX in its new back yard...

nfpgasmask
09/23/2006, 02:33 PM
http://nofuture.com/myvx/newbg.jpg

http://nofuture.com/myvx/tahoe1.jpg

(and for all you Reno haters, this is like 45 minutes away for me now :) )

Bart

Nerve_Gas
09/23/2006, 03:02 PM
Dude that is amazing, I'm terribly envious. I love the mountains, but then again an hour away from me is the blue ridge.

Bimati
09/23/2006, 03:25 PM
Awesome, Bart! Glad you're settling in.

Let us know when you are heading in the direction of the square states and we'll tear it up...

SPAZZ
09/23/2006, 06:28 PM
and just a quick day trip for the Rubicon if you were ever up to it!!!

Now all you need is some 4:56 3rd members for the mountains..oh..btw, I just happen to have a set for sale if your interested.
Great mod for all that offroading and mountains you are into in Reno.

Also, if you are not so inclined to install them yourself I wouldn't mind traveling to Reno from here in Boise if you covered my travel expense.
I'm sure you wouldn't mind me crashing on your floor..as I wouldn't ask for any hotel fees or stupid mark up expenses. This would be just a one full day mod, spread out over two at most.

also if you need some AISIN manual hubs or even AUTO hubs or any other Isuzu part I can hook you up with a set of those too.

let me know brunsjt@hotmail.com :)

nfpgasmask
09/23/2006, 07:39 PM
Hey SPAZZ, tell me more about the 4:56 3rd members, this is a mod for the diffs, right?

Can you elaborate?

Bart

and just a quick day trip for the Rubicon if you were ever up to it!!!

Now all you need is some 4:56 3rd members for the mountains..oh..btw, I just happen to have a set for sale if your interested.
Great mod for all that offroading and mountains you are into in Reno.

Also, if you are not so inclined to install them yourself I wouldn't mind traveling to Reno from here in Boise if you covered my travel expense.
I'm sure you wouldn't mind me crashing on your floor..as I wouldn't ask for any hotel fees or stupid mark up expenses. This would be just a one full day mod, spread out over two at most.

also if you need some AISIN manual hubs or even AUTO hubs or any other Isuzu part I can hook you up with a set of those too.

let me know brunsjt@hotmail.com :)

SPAZZ
09/23/2006, 10:36 PM
But, instead of spending an arm and a leg and having to buy the 4:56 Rings, 4:56 Pinions, bearings, races, seals, shims, crush collars, ets... for each 3rd member and then paying someone to remove the 3rd members if you do not know how and then set them up.

Each 3rd member is like $375 for just set up fee alone and that is if you boought all the parts and everysingle one of them are good and no problems.

From the dealer for front and rear for everything the setup stuff is like $600
Most auto stores have a hard time having in stock anything for the VX and are more expensive on most of these parts and only cheeper on a couple.

4:56 Ring/Pinion sets are what you can find them for. Like a couple to a few hundred ..depending on used or new and on the quality of the manufacture.

As for the labor on removing your 3rd members front and rear..the rear would be a couple to few hundred...the front would be like a $1,000 as they have to remove the whole entire front axle which takes about a whole day and more than one person in a shop as they want to get it done faster and safer.

Plus you would have to provide your replacement cv boots I'm sure and all parts they break or were necessary. Plus they charge how much time the manual says to take whether or not they take apart your whole entire Front VX both Left and right Sides which is what the manual says to takes apart.

So, if they take the short cuts I and others take that are really good at this, they are done, showered, cleaned up, and having dinner on you with their family and still charging up your bill and you still could be told your VX is in pieces. Plus, nowdays who knows even if they knew how to do it right in the first place.

Botton line...if you get a set of already setup 3rd members. All you need to do is have the stock ones removed and the 4:56 ones put in therir place. But, the whole ordeal is a process for someone IF they do not know what they are doing. It seams these days these mechanics are not trained right..or you have to wave the proper amount of cash in front of their faces before they do know what they are doing in order also for them to do the job proper.

Serious, how many times have you taken your VX to Isuzu and they said "My Isuzu tech is only here once a certain weekend every other month" or something like that. I asked him if this was Isuzu that I am bringing my VX too. He really couldn't answer that.

Mark B
09/24/2006, 08:46 AM
Love the pic. I will be in Lake Tahoe in February for Skiing.
My VX will be at home in sunny Florida.