PDA

View Full Version : AutoTrans Interceptor Install

majork
04/27/2003, 12:36 PM
Does anyone have tips or procedures on avoiding problems when installing the AutoTrans Interceptor Mod????

Some pointers were provided from manufacturer and Tone....but I want to hear some other user experiences with this mod

Moncha
04/27/2003, 12:53 PM
The space is TIGHT! Go in to it with forethought and planing.. Make sure to tie everything up and make it secure.. The most important is to keep everything away from the exhaust...

I made a secondary electrical fuse box to power my accessories (Present and Future) in the engine compartment next to the OEM fuse box. It's switched by relay from the ignition and I use it to power my newly installed Hella DE's (Pics to follow soon), the Interceptor and any other switched accessory to the outside. I ran a split loom from there across the firewall to allow for future wiring upgrades. The loom then goes down to the tranny area for the Interceptor, this will help with weather and heat. I'm re-doing the Interceptor install so, I'm not sure of my final arrangements.
Here's a link to my MODS (http://www.moncha.com/more_mods_frame.html) page you can check out my first attempt.