PDA

View Full Version : Got a problem

JHarris1385
09/19/2006, 01:16 PM
Ever since i bought my VX just on the 2nd of this month, it has always taken its time to start. I will turn the key over with no results untill about 10seconds has passed, although i find that when i press on the gas the engine starts quicker. After starting the rpm's bounce and if i dont press on the gas a little they would bonce and hault at 0 and the engine would die. Now as of the last two/three tanks of gas my mpg has dropped drastically to about 13/14 average. When i first drove this thing home 7 hours i was getting 18/19 easy while driving near 85mph constantly.

My question is. Would a fuel pressure regulator cure this? I think im running rich on gas causing the low mpg now?

If this isnt not the correct cure please fill me in on what to do. I dont want this mpg when the gas prices go back up, and i would like to enjoy these prices at the time being.

Please advise me on the correct thing(s) to replace/check to get er' running normal.

John

etlsport
09/19/2006, 01:25 PM
i would definately start with the fuel pressure regulator you can order them online for about $50 and should be fairly easy to install, its a low cost place to start, and chances are itll cure your problem

Tone
09/19/2006, 01:51 PM
Check the intake gasket for leaks first.

JHarris1385
09/19/2006, 06:52 PM
And how would you do that? Explain, I am a novice at this stuff. Thanks.

Ldub
09/19/2006, 07:07 PM
Whole site search is your FRIEND.
Try using "intake gasket" & you'll be amazed at how much you can learn.
I found the answer to your Q in less than 5 min. :)

Dare2Dream
09/21/2006, 04:32 PM
Yes, check for leaks at the intake gasket or EGR. The dancing idle is many a times a sign of an air leak.