PDA

View Full Version : Isuzu/VX mention in Petersens 4x

Triathlete
09/17/2006, 04:36 PM
This is (stolen from a post elsewhere) from the new Petersens 4X mag. They mention the VX and our great site....and ZuZoo!

Super Trooper
I love your magazine, but I cannot recall the last time I read about or saw an Isuzu Trooper, which I love. I thin it is a much underrated rig. I love being different because everywhere I go, everybody has jeeps. Its bad enough that my favorite mag doesn't talk about Troopers, but nobody sells parts for them either. If you could help me in anyway, that would be great. Trooper lovers unite!

By
Matthew Morreale
via 4wheeloffroad.com

Just you luck. If you check out this very issue you'll find a wealth of information on Isuzu's and other orphan 4x4s starting on page 96. We call these rigs orphans because it really seems that everyone ignores them, even though just like your rig, many of them are highly capable machines that don't get the credit they deserve. By Rick P'ewe'

(Page 96 article on Isuzu's)

Isuzu has been a hit or miss (Trooper, hit; Rodeo, decent; Ascender,desperate; Axiom, more fun on the pavement than on dirt; Vehicross, way cool), but it has still managed to sneak some sturdy components into its less hard-core four-bys, such as a Dana 44 in the Amigo.

Isuzu followers almost seem to have gone underground which is unfortunate, since the brand is struggling and could really use them more then ever before!

Isuzu online community we like: Isuzu Trooper owners guild, www.itog.com

Isuzu event you might want to attend: The annual Zu Zoo www.zuzoo.org in Moab

Isuzu clubs

E-ZOO ZOO Isuzu 4x4 owners club http://groups.yahoo.com/group/E-ZooZoo/

4x4wire Isuzu club www.4x4wire.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?cat=&c=15

Midwest Isuzu off-road www.mwior.com

Planet Isuzu club www.planetisuzoo.com

Vehicross info www.vehicrossinfo.com

Zutah wheelers www.zutah.com

Anita
09/17/2006, 05:24 PM
Did it really say Vehicrossinfo.com ?????? :sighr:

Triathlete
09/17/2006, 06:45 PM
Copied and pasted....stolen....from planetisuzu, so it may have been a mistake in the posters typing. I haven't actually seen the mag yet.

Ldub
09/17/2006, 07:25 PM
In any event...thanks for the post/links Billy, a couple sites there I hadn't heard of before...gotta check em' out.
(btw, i heard somewhere that they misspelled VehiCROSSinfo.) :rolleyes:

Kenny
09/18/2006, 12:18 PM

I have the mag and noticed that too, it says "Vehicrossinfo.com" :eek: .

Cool props tho'

WyrreJ
09/18/2006, 08:50 PM

What? Don't all websites end with .com?

VCrossfan
09/19/2006, 06:03 AM
What? Don't all websites end with .com?

.com is peeps 1st choice, but there are many many more

.com .net .org .biz .info .us .tv .ws .name .cc .de
.jp .be .at .uk .nz .cn .tw .jobs .am .fm .ms .nu
.tc .tk .vg .eu and NEW! .mobi

Moncha
09/19/2006, 06:58 PM
I'm still waiting for the back order on vehicross.com... They'll never let go of it!!!

Great job Billy.. Guess I need to buy another domain now :)

Triathlete
09/19/2006, 09:40 PM
Don't blame the messanger! :laughy: :laughy: :laughy:

WormGod
09/20/2006, 06:47 AM
Yay for Petersens! \o/

Its the thought that counts.

I mean cmon, where else is a VX owner gonna go for info? This site is more reliable than even a dealer. :p

You know, I was just talking with some Subaru buddies yesterday about internet vehicle networking. Ever given any thought to a VX webring? I know I would definately join it and tag it on my personal site. Might even give me a reason to actually update my site from 2002, heh.

Also, on NASIOC.com (us Scooby freaks), they recently started a Zoints network community. It's pretty neat actually. Basically, it's essentially a myspace clone, but with purpose. I joined it because of NASIOC and so far it's been a great way to meet locals that have a Rex. Like, I learned that there was recently an autoX that I missed from someone on there, which I didnt know about.... bummer. Anyways, it's just another way of getting our small VX community seen and heard, and thats never a bad thing. ;)

In case you arent sure what Zoints is, here is my cruddy link for my Rex stuff.... (notice, the VX is on there as well, hahaha).... http://vxss.zoints.com/?tab=0

edit: bah, hit post before i was done....

WyrreJ
09/20/2006, 05:17 PM
.com is peeps 1st choice, but there are many many more

Dude! I would never have guessed.
Yah larn sumtin new evahyday!