PDA

View Full Version : first good mud day in the VX

iamjacksadrenalgland
09/17/2006, 02:35 PM
well, i'm stuck in tulsa, oklahoma for a couple months with work, but i finally had an oppurtunity to get to know the VX a little better today. it was pouring here all morning so the girlfriend and i went and found a local hot spot for mudding and gave the vx a good workout.

let me say i'm thoroughly impressed with the 4wd system in 4 low. the terra grapplers aren't true mud tires so i was cautious at first. but the vx plowed through the nasty stuff so easily that i quickly found myself cruising into water that i'd hesitate to take my brother's '74 CJ-5 with 32"s through. i wish there was a way to monitor how often the limited slip rear diff kicks in because my brother's CJ-5 with open front and rear diffs never performed as well as the VX did today.

anyway, we had a great time. too bad it was raining cats and dogs the whole time or i would've gotten out and snapped some pics.

Triathlete
09/17/2006, 03:51 PM
Its all fun and games 'til ya gotta wash it! :bwgy:
For the next 6 months worth of washing you'll still be finding mud in places you would never expect! Thats why I avoid the sticky stuff when possible after the first few times! I stick to the dirt and rocks now. Also be carefull...the alternater is mounted low on the engine and has been known to fry itself out when the mud intrudes upon its space!

Ldub
09/17/2006, 05:25 PM
Mr. Adrenalgland...

You might contact tbigity while you're stationed "off-planet" :p, as a local good ol' boy he probably knows of some great off-road spots!

tbigity...
I think ya already know, no offence was meant by any of the above comments/references...i figgerd ya wouldn't mind since we're like almost kin & all. ;)

BTW, Em air wuz some SWEET look'in bowties in y'all gallery right there!!!