PDA

View Full Version : Kinda new to the off road world

CrnCnn
09/09/2006, 12:01 PM
Ok, so I have spent the last five years working, schooling or on a motorcycle. I haven’t really ever been an avid off-roader except for some playing in the mud with a jeep I had during monsoon season back in Tucson years ago. I have had my VX for two weeks now and have been really interested in all the mods. Mostly, I’ve been interested in lifting it and getting some nice tires on it. The future looks like sand dune trips and lots of lake trips once I move back to AZ.

To the point you say?

Basically I’m after…

Opinions on whether to lift it or not.

How much has anyone towed with their VX. And would it handle towing and launching a couple of Sea-doo’s, and the occasional trailer with dirt toys?

What is a good starting point for someone who really hasn’t gone off-road?

Thank you.

Triathlete
09/09/2006, 02:38 PM
Do a search and you will find a how to that I wrote up on lifting the VX. Uner $200 for the OME912 springs, tweak the torsion bars, get an alighnment, add the 31x10.5 off road tires of your choice and viola....instant off road fun!
When you ge to Tucson you will find that there are 4-5 VXers that like to get off road when we can...and of course there is the yearly pilgramage to Moab for ZuZoo! See ya when you get here!!!!