PDA

View Full Version : ReflecTORs

vxDAKINECHICvx
09/08/2006, 02:20 PM
I've seen alot of you guys who have changed out your reflectors on the front and back sides. SOOO, just curious as to where I would find those "clear" reflectors as I would LOVE to change mine out, but don't know where to purchase them. Any help would be fabulous! I think I saw them on vehicrossconcepts, but are no longer available for sale. AHhh!!

Ldub
09/08/2006, 03:26 PM
I think you just answered your own question...
BUT, It's not too hard to make something similar in appearance for the fromt turn signals.
I bought a 2' x 4' piece of lens material intended for use in a flourescent light fixture at home depot, used my stock turn signal lenses as templates & cut them out with a dremel tool using an abrasive wheel.
Then stuck them on with some automotive grade sticky both sides tape (the three daimond shaped shadows behind the lens).
The hardest part is cutting the lens material as it shatters easily.
Here's a pic:

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/DSC00261.JPG

Kenny
09/08/2006, 07:21 PM
The hardest part is cutting the lens material as it shatters easily.

Stop "cutting" with a hammer and chisel then. :disturbed:smack:

etlsport
09/14/2006, 01:07 PM
i darkened mine with window tint film, doesnt cut down on visibility when they are on, but they look nice if you like the darker look... i think i read on here that someone got their rear lenses from a miata? dont know for sure though, worth a search