PDA

View Full Version : Info on my VX

CrnCnn
09/01/2006, 07:32 AM
I recently traded in my cavalier for a 1999 VX with 68K miles. I was wondering if there is a way to look up an origanal list of options. It has the led for an alarm, but unfortunately the dealership only had one key and no remotes of any kind. Any ideas? Or if the owner is a part of this group that would be awesome. I live in Reno, NV.

It is a silver one, looks good except for the dry looking cladding. Also the head light housings look like they have some oxidation. Planning to get the lift from calmini, i cant find the info on the OME kit.

Thanks

Clint

kpaske
09/01/2006, 11:06 AM
The only option in 1999 was the exterior color. The black and grey seats became an option for 2000-2001. These are the only "options" that I know of.

The factory alarm system is the same in all VXes from 1999-2001 (and probably the same in a number of other Isuzu SUV's). You can buy a replacement here: http://www.cruisingforremotes.com/onlinestore/detail.cfm?ID=JBAB237131&storeid=1 as well as numerous other internet retailers. Do a google search on "OEM replacement remote auto alarm" and you'll find a ton of them.

The OME lift isn't a kit, it's a brand name for springs called "Old Man Emu". Specifically, the OME 912 springs, originally designed for the Trooper, can be installed in the rear of the VX to give you about 2-1/2" of lift. It is also recommended that you replace the rear shocks with the longer trooper shocks. The front can be lifted by cranking the torsion bars. OME springs are better than Calmini, and you can choose whatever shocks you prefer. Many owners here have gone with the Rancho 9000x series.

Do a search here on "OME lift" to find tons of information, caviots, and other mods that can or should be done with your lift.

CrnCnn
09/01/2006, 12:09 PM
Thanks for the info