PDA

View Full Version : Need passenger door glass

iamjacksadrenalgland
08/27/2006, 04:53 PM
if anyone has a spare passenger side door window available, please let me know.

i shattered mine ... don't ask.

anyway, safelite (big glass replacement company) has never even had VX glass in their inventory. and isuzu wants $240 bucks to special order the glass.

if no one here has glass for sale, perhaps someone could point me in the direction of a used parts source.

many thanks,
-james

Anita
08/27/2006, 06:08 PM
www.car-part.com

Search for glass door, front. You will then be prompted for which side. Looks like there are a few available.

XCross69
08/28/2006, 07:05 AM
I can't resist, WHAT THE H*LL HAPPENED?? :confused:

ojmagg
08/28/2006, 07:10 AM
I have the glass...minus the mounts...if you can get the ones off you window...or fab new ones, you would be able to use it...

kpaske
08/28/2006, 07:44 AM
Check with some other big glass companies. I had a tree limb take out one of the small rear windows a number of years ago, and they didn't have any problems getting it. I thought it was Safelite, but it may have been a competitor.

iamjacksadrenalgland
09/01/2006, 05:53 AM
thanks for your help, everyone. i was able to locate the glass through car-parts.com for $120 shipped. it should be here within a few days. and once i get that installed, i get to find a tint shop to match the window.

in the mean time, the plexiglass i installed is holding up well, just a little loud at high speeds.

just so nobody else makes the same mistake and ends up with a broken window ... if you decide to try to do the window hack where you drill into the bracket arm mounts, make sure you secure the window PROPERLY once it is unbolted.

i just love it when you try to fix one thing and end up with a bigger problem. :rolleyes:

thanks again, guys (and gals).