PDA

View Full Version : Reverse Camera Idea??

XCross69
04/25/2003, 07:06 AM
Has anyone played with the thought of installing the reverse camera in the spot of one of the round reflectors on the back bumper?? If the platic piece where the camera should have been factory mounted is kinda hard to get off, it would be easy cut out one of the reflector wholes and put a camera in there...then maybe instal another reverse light on the opposite side? Didn't know if that would be to low for the camera or not?? Just an idea, any input would be great... Look-n for any/all ideas I can get!!:confused:

Joe_Black
04/25/2003, 07:12 AM
Not a bad idea, but the factory location is easily accessible throught the spare tire area. What those little reflector locations are good for, however, is a pair of BRIGHT back-up lights. LOL!

WormGod
04/25/2003, 07:17 AM
I am currently looking for other options on the mounting of mine, in case I run into difficulty. I dont think I would want to remove one of the rear reflectors for that. I would prefer to just mount it up in the rear window. Its sort of bulky, in its still small size, but shooting it flat black might detract from any attention it would get. I am just hoping that all goes well with the stock mounting location. I will find out VERY soon.